x

Inventory quantity in Point of Sale

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Inventory”

Why doesn’t inventory quantity show in point of sale when writing a ticket?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @tandp2003! Can you provide a bit more information about this? Are you selling tickets using the Point of Sale app but the inventory isn't updating? 

Also we just released the ability to manage your inventory from the app so I recommend making sure you're running the latest version on your device!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 9

We can go to the items and manage inventory with the latest update that’s correct. What would be nice is if when we are doing a sale in “point of sale” if it would show us how many items we have as we look them up for the customer to add to the sale

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@tandp2003 I understand now. I agree that would be a great feature, I'll share your interest with the Inventory Team. If we have any updates I'll post again in this thread to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 9

Can the inventory management feature be setup to alert you when a certain item gets low? Can you set the number for each item?

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

@MACsScoobyShack this is already a feature for low stock alerts per item.  you can set a per item low stock alert on the same page you manage your item inventory.

this article explains some more

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5228-basic-inventory-management

Message 6 of 9

I would also like this feature. I am selling tickets to a crafting party where there are only a very limited number of seats available. I know how to limit the quantity for sale, but the customers can't see how many are remaining.  If they try to buy more than the number of tickets that remain, their purchase is declined and they are then told how many remain.  I'd just like for them to be able to see that information before attempting to make a purchase. If they are unsure about making a purchase, seeing that only a few tickets remain might inspire them to act. I am also worried about customers being disappointed after they've decided to make a purchase and then find out that there aren't enough tickets remaining to meet their needs.

Message 7 of 9

Your sales area is a little different but end result is definitely the same. Would make sakes easier and faster to have that info in POS as we are doing tickets. 

Message 8 of 9
Admin

@BobHeath @tandp2003 Thanks for your insight! I'll share this with our Inventory team and we'll let you know if there are any developments. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 9