x

is there a limit to one transaction

Is there a limit to one transaction?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Yep, thanks @VanKalkerFarms. @rossli55, all Square merchants have a per transaction limit of $50,000. If you would like to accept individual transactions above $50,000 each, you’ll need to split the payment into multiple installments. Make sure to record of the receipt number and the total amount charged for each installment. Please note that in order to ensure a secure purchasing environment, we may periodically reach out to customers for additional information regarding their business or transactions. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Message 3 of 5

I will need to process/accept a payment of $25,000 tomorrow.  I haven't used my Square in a LONG time.  Will this be okay?  Is the maximum single transaction amount still $50,000?

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Yes, it is still $50,000.  If your account has not been active for a long time, it could possibly tie up the deposit while they verify with you.  seeing such a large transaction on a long-dormant account could raise flags.  I would recomeend calling in quick to see what customer support advises.

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "Other"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1 (855) 700-6000

Depending on your specific account, you might not have phone support available, or you might have limited hours of support. If your account doesn't have phone support, Email is the only way to communicate so that there is proper documentation of the conversations.

Message 5 of 5