x

limit item availability by location

I have 3 locations I work with and would like to limit certain items to just our main retailer.  Specifically I would like to make a few items unavailable to the other two locations.  Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @bluebikebakery1 !

This is definitely something you can do with Square as long as you're using separate locations for each store. You can set up each store to have its own location on your dashboard at Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations. Here's Square's Help Article on how to set up multiple locations.

Once each store has its own location, you can determine what items are available in what location using the Items section of your dashboard. Click on an item, choose which location(s) you want the item to be available, and save. The item will only show up on the Point of Sale at the locations specified. If you have a big item library, I'd recommend exporting the library to excel. When you do this, you will see columns for each location. Items with a "Y" in this column will be visible at that location, items with a "N" will not. Change what you need, save the file, and import.

Item availability for the online store will also be determined by these steps!

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2