x

processing fees on cash

When I send invoices via email, most people pay online with their card. Some choose to later pay me with cash. I know I have the option to mark my invoice as PAID and select the CASH or OTHER option. My question is, am I charged any processing fees when I mark my invoices that way?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

No, you only pay fees on credit card transactions.  Cash, Check, money order are free.

Message 2 of 7

We were charged fees for cash transactions.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Without seeing your transactions all I can tell you is there is no fee for a payment made via cash.  You can accept cash for POS payments and even invoice payments free of CC fees.  You can even accept cash as a split payment and then CC for the second part, but will only pay the CC fee on the CC payment, not the cash.  So if you can post some details of your transaction we can help you figure out what is happening.

If you go to transactions https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions and click on a transaction it will bring up the details for that transaction, including any fees paid.

Message 4 of 7

How do you choose paid by cash when you create an invoice?  I'm not seeing that as an option anywhere on the site.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

you don't choose it when creating an invoice.  you create an invoice like usual and then when it is time to mark it paid you click on the invoice you want, then click record payment then follow the steps on screen for how it is paid and how much is paid ETC.

Message 6 of 7

Thank you for the help!

Message 7 of 7