x

"Send Product Data to Square" Check Box within WooCommerce Products Dashboard

Hi, can someone please explain to me exactly what this checkbox titled "Send product data to Square" does or how it functions?

send product data.jpg

I've added over 600 items to our WordPress WooCommerce site, and transacted over 1,000 purchases in the last few months in our brick and mortar store, but still have no idea why I would (or should?) select this box since I already have WooCommerce as my master inventory source on WooCommerce, and I have our Square account synced up......

Shouldn't the 2 communicate with each other automatically to update product sales inventory whether something sold online or in the store, by default / automatically?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

?

Message 2 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey @UsernameHere

In all honesty, we need to dig a little more to provide a better answer on this. Please give us some time to ask around. 

Thanks. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 17

Hey @UsernameHere - Thanks for your time while we looked into this further. The WooCommerce integration sends Product data using the Catalog API to update parts of the items in Square’s Inventory.

In this case, we recommend that you please reach out to the developer of the plugin to get more answers related to what is expected of this function and the errors you are encountering. ​​​​​​

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 17

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm in contact with WooCommerce, and they've explained that - unfortunately - that checkbox has to be checked in order for product data to be exchanged between Square POS and WooCommerce... which seems unbelievable to me, because the entire reason for the connection and syncing of Woo with Square is so online and in-store inventory would be updated in real-time no matter where the sale occured.

Message 5 of 17

@UsernameHere- We’re with you on this and understand your concern. Wish there was more we could do to make this process run smoother. 

Thanks for the insight, this information will be helpful to other sellers who may run into the same question. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Message 6 of 17
Alumni

Tagging in @WooCommerceMig  to see if they can help here!

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 7 of 17

@aarontw thank you so much for looping @WooCommerceMig in!

Message 8 of 17

I found another thread at https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Sync-from-Woocommerce-Square-causes-duplicates-Re... describing the same issue we're still facing:

1. We have a physical store and a WooCommerce store (not launched or published)
  2. We inputted all (~300) of our store's inventory items into WooCommerce one-by-one over the last few months preparing for our grand opening
  3. We selected WooCommerce as our 'master record of inventory' (since Square has limitations and not as many variable options) and connected WooCommerce and Square via the official Square Woo WordPress plugin
  4. In the very beginning for maybe ~100 products, the items inputted into WooCommerce seemed just fine, but then upon clicking "update" on the Square Tab within WooCommerce settings on WordPress Dashboard a few weeks ago, everything went haywire with about 30-40 duplicate items showing up randomly after the manual sync
  5. We've looped in our web designer, Square support, WooCommerce engineers, multiple support tickers, and I've even filmed screen recordings and provided screenshots ....... all with no resolution

We have a fully developed awesome website ready to launch but can't because I can't get resolution. PLEASE HELP! Thanks

@WooCommerceMig @ifixwoocommerce 

Message 9 of 17

I created a screen recording of the entire issue between WooCommerce and Square. It shows all settings and the problem in detail with errors that just occurred today, even with all settings enabled.

My only thought, which seems so obvious surely one of the many engineers at Square & WooCommerce would've explained it, would be to continue entering all our products into WooCommerce as we've done since Day-1, but NOT choose WooCommerce as the "master record for inventory" so sales on Square (which accounts for 100% of our sales right now since we can't launch the website with errors) will override inventory on WooCommerce.......? Seems counter-intuitive, but I'll take anything at this point so we can just launch our website!

• PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Message 10 of 17

Message 11 of 17

Would someone please help................?

Message 12 of 17
Alumni

Something happened in our system that marked this item as closed! I'm tagging @Woo_Phil to see if they can support!

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 13 of 17

@UsernameHere, Sorry for the late response. Can you please reach out to CS once more for more 'hands-on' support?

We'd be happy to help you further. 

Sayra
Message 14 of 17

In the last 5 days I've been able to figure a few things independently since I haven't received any feedback from Square, and wanted to share:

Long story short, since I'm operating without guidance, I went the reset scorched earth route eliminating all products on Square POS (all 602 items from the library we’ve added since December last year when we thought we could launch the site).

With this blank slate, I updated the inventory one-by-one, literally going through hundreds of individual products for hours upon hours, making sure the simple and variable products were all accurate, error-free, and not a duplicate…

Then we executed a full re-sync from WooCommerce to Square, and for the first time since this issue started I thought for a brief moment things were resolved when seeing the items populate on Square -- UNTIL noticing every single item on Square was uploaded with "0" (zero) stock availability EVEN THOUGH the stock and syncing options were perfectly typed in WooCommerce…

SEE THE VIDEO I MADE HERE showing this, once again, inexplicable error

Message 15 of 17

I have this issue as well. All products within woocommerce marked as "in stock" ie no stock quantity show as out of stock. any resolution?

Message 16 of 17

Hello, @warbricksUSA.  At this time the WooCommerce integration is maintained by them. I suggest reaching out to their support team directly so they can assist in making sure the integration works correctly. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 17 of 17