x

received email to get a Square reader for free to use Interac

Hi,

I received an email saying "Square and Interac are partnering to provide you with one (1) Square Reader for contactless and chip payments free of charge... To redeem the offer, add the Square Reader for contactless and chip payments to your shopping cart and add the promo code provided in this email at checkout to receive your reader free of charge."

The problem is that there's no promo code on the email. So, what do I do?

Thanks for the offer -but it's useless without a promo code!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

I just contacted Square support and they are looking into the issue of the absent promo code. 

Message 2 of 12

Thanks for contacting support Brad ... I have the same issue.

Message 3 of 12

Any update on missing promo code in email.

Message 4 of 12

Not yet. The support agent said that he would contact me once they have a solution. Still waiting to hear from them. 

Message 5 of 12

good luck! I created a support case after I got the email without the promo code. Like you, agent said they're working on it and will get back to me. Four weeks later, I followed up with Square support. This time they answer that because THEY have not heard from ME for over 2 weeks, the case was closed. I was waiting to hear from THEM!! Welcome to the Square treadmill.

Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

The support system is trash.  They did the same thing with me.  Close the ticket and not resolve the issue.

Message 7 of 12

Hey everyone ... I spoke with 2 agents. If the code did not appear in your email it's because they ran out of the devices. They only had a limited number of them and it was first click, first served! Not the best way to manage a promotion in my opinion, but there is nothing we can do ... other than request a waiver on the fees for your next $xxx worth of sales.

Message 8 of 12

While the limited supply is legit, the absence of the promo code in the email does not make sense. This would most likely have been a one-time bulk mailing to all Canadian Square customers. Logically, the promo code would be included in that bulk mailing. Out of stock situations would be dealt with at order/checkout time.

Why would emails be sent out WITHOUT the promo code? That's poor process on Square's part.

An item in an email cannot be removed from an email after it has been sent. That is not technically possible. So, the agents' explanation doesn't make sense.

All this begs the question....did anybody get the promo code? How many devices were actually given out for free? I think Square owes us an explanation.

Message 9 of 12

I agree 100% with you

Message 10 of 12

I agree as well, but have given up on pursuing this after reading on another thread on this forum that they said the email was sent out in error. 

Message 11 of 12

I emailed about this and have never heard back.  Terrible customer support!

Message 12 of 12