x
Beta Member

reloading gift/e cards is terrible

We have been running square for a few months now and already have customers with 7+ gift cards that are empty, after calling support I was told there is no way to remove them without doing it manually. this is an awful system when a gift card has no value left it should be purged from the customer's profile! now if I have a customer show up and ask to use a GC we have to manually click through a list 5-10 lines long and guess what card still has value (as the list also does not display the amount left per card) if the listing would show the cashier how much the card was worth or not give the option to click an empty card that would fix some of the frustration. as is this system is slow and bothersome for both the employee and customer. as is stand now i have had to suspend my giftcard sales.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @zmartin,

Are you using Square Point of Sale with Physical Gift Cards? If so you should be able to checkout using the Gift Card during the checkout process so you don't have to look it up on the customer profile. Are you doing a different workflow that doesn't allow that?

As far as viewing the value on a card when they have multiple cards that sounds like a good feature request that you can submit here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Ideate/ct-p/Ideate

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Sorry @LLCafe I should have phrased it better the issue is more with the Ecards but i lumped the gift cards in with them, the ecards are only on the customer's profile unless they happen to still have the email

Message 3 of 3