x

samsung tablet (tab a 9.7) is in the 'compaitibility list' but wont pair!

I looked on eBay and found this galaxy tab A 9.7 at a good price, checked the list on Squares site and it said it was compaitible. Try to pair it and its saying 'this device is not supported'. What am I supposed to do now? Ive already had an iPad mini not work so I had to get this Samsung and now this one is useless also. Why list it as compaitble on their site?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

I'm so sorry that this happened @theguy5. I just checked the Device Compatibility site and the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 is not listed as a compatible device. Can you let us know where it was listed as supported? Or when you were checking that site?

It's odd that your iPad Mini is also incompatible. Which iPad mini did you have? 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Helen  yes it is listed as compatible on the square uk site. Iโ€™ve just took a screen shot of it if I can upload it somewhere. 

and itโ€™s an iPad mini 1, it is compatible as it does connect to the reader and accept payments. However after maybe an hour or so it causes some kind of issue with the iPad WiFi and the reader canโ€™t connect unless I reset the iPad network connections. This only happens when I have the reader connected. I used WiFi on it for normal browsing for almost a week with no issues.

Message 3 of 5

Please reply @Helen Iโ€™ve spent ยฃ100 on a tablet you guys say is compatible and it isnโ€™t. Do I have to buy yet another one?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@theguy5

I'd like our Customer Success team to do some troubleshooting on your devices and get this paired for you. 

The iPad Mini 1 would not currently be supported due to the iOS not being updatable. We do have to be able to have a current iOS running on those devices- typically iPad mini 1 stops updates at 9.3.5

Since you are seeing the Samsung tablet as a supported device and it's not pairing with the reader, we'll want to do some additional troubleshooting. These are some additional steps for troubleshooting.

Otherwise, I'm escalating a ticket to our team so they can look into this further with you.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 5 of 5