x

taxes not charged

I just had my first online sale, and Square did not charge the sales tax, even though I have it entered to be charged on my dashboard.  How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @foggyflowers I understand how important it is to have your taxes calculated correctly for your business, and I apologize this was not worked out before your launch!  If you don't see your tax settings appear on your Square Online site, there are a few things to consider that could be the cause:

• Taxes are included in your item prices: Be sure the Inclusive tax option isn't selected when creating or editing your taxes.

• Items are marked as tax-exempt: Be sure the Add exemption rule option isnโ€™t selected when creating or editing your taxes.

• Items are marked as non-taxable: Be sure the Non-taxable item option isnโ€™t selected when creating or editing an item.

• The website hasn't been republished: Any time you update tax settings, a good practice is to republish your website from the Square Online site editor.

If you continue to have issues please let me know and reply back with the link to your site. I hope this helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Square Community Moderator

@betteroffduds, thank you for joining the Community. 

Have you had a chance to check out this Best Answer from MayaP above?

If this doesn't help, please let us know.

Message 22 of 22