x

why can’t i instantly deposit my money after i linked my debit card?

i’m also waiting verification from my bank but i called them and they said i would have to contact square because you guys have hold of my money

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Almightyy_Eli

To initiate an Instant Deposit you will need to have your debit card and your bank account linked and verified. Once your bank account is linked you should be able to do an Instant Deposit for $500 dollars. New Square Accounts have an Instant Deposit limit of $500 dollars. As you process more payments through your Square Account the limit will be raised to the maximum of $2,500 dollars. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 🙂

Message 2 of 4

I got an email saying my deposit wasn’t sent because my debit card was declined. I don’t u sweat and what that means? Any idea?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering, @Misshau. I went to check into this and it looks like you were able to get in touch with a member of our Customer Success team by the time we got to your post.

I can't access and share deposit-specifics here for privacy purposes but—generally speaking—if an instant/scheduled deposit isn't sent, your money will remain in your Square balance. From there, it will be sent based on the bank you have linked for next business day deposits. If you still have any questions about this, please continue to work with our Customer Success team. They'll be able take a deeper dive and offer next steps.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4