x

why is my device suddenly not supported with my square reader

Have been using my square reader with my phone since Feb this year with no problems , suddenly today it has told me my device is not supported . I dont understand why when i am still using the same reader and same mobile phone as i have been since Feb .would really appreciate help with this issue.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @rizo,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your reader.

What model mobile device are you using with Square? You can check it against our list of supported devices at https://squareup.com/au/compatibility.

Some Android models that are not tested as compatible will incidentally work if they meet certain operational requirements, however if the mobile device is not listed as tested by Square then we can't make any guarantees that it will always work, as our mobile security team are constantly refining our software in order to maintain strict security standards on our platform.

If your device is on our compatibility list, I recommend getting in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137 - they may be able to troubleshoot the issue and work out what's happening.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2