x
Beta Member

will importing emails auto delete duplicates and honor unsubscribe

With using square marketing for email campaigns I also import customer email address that I have captured outside of square universe.  When I import this list manually its possible it could be a duplicate email if my square marketing email list already has that customers email.  When sending a campaign will square deal with duplicate emails as to not send 2 to some customers?  Also if I re import an email list and it has a customer who previously unsubscribed from square marketing will this info be retained and square marketing won't send them another email?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @jedztt

Sorry this wasn’t picked up earlier, and thanks for resurfacing it @pigsnoseinn!

Your Customer Directory will usually identify potential duplicate profiles, if two or more customers share the same email address and/or phone number. This includes customer lists that have been imported. 

One thing to consider is that where the profile names are not a match, or if the two profiles have a different email or phone number, they will not be identified as duplicates. In this case, you can still manually merge the profiles.

You’ll find guidance on fixing Directory duplicates here

Imported customers will not be automatically opted-in to receive Square Marketing communications when you upload their email addresses. If they have given you their consent to be opted-in outside of Square, and you have a record of it, you should add ‘Subscribed’ to your CSV file, under the column Email Subscription Status, before uploading it.

If you’re exporting an existing customer list, the status Subscribed, Unsubscribed or Unknown will already be reflected on the exported CVS as per the information held on the Directory against the customers profile.

For more advice on importing customers to the Directory and email subscriptions status, feel free to check out this guide. 

Please do keep in mind that our sellers are responsible for ensuring the customers on their list have given explicit permission to contact them. Please always consult a knowledgeable professional advisor if unsure about local legal obligations.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

any answer on this?

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @jedztt

Sorry this wasn’t picked up earlier, and thanks for resurfacing it @pigsnoseinn!

Your Customer Directory will usually identify potential duplicate profiles, if two or more customers share the same email address and/or phone number. This includes customer lists that have been imported. 

One thing to consider is that where the profile names are not a match, or if the two profiles have a different email or phone number, they will not be identified as duplicates. In this case, you can still manually merge the profiles.

You’ll find guidance on fixing Directory duplicates here

Imported customers will not be automatically opted-in to receive Square Marketing communications when you upload their email addresses. If they have given you their consent to be opted-in outside of Square, and you have a record of it, you should add ‘Subscribed’ to your CSV file, under the column Email Subscription Status, before uploading it.

If you’re exporting an existing customer list, the status Subscribed, Unsubscribed or Unknown will already be reflected on the exported CVS as per the information held on the Directory against the customers profile.

For more advice on importing customers to the Directory and email subscriptions status, feel free to check out this guide. 

Please do keep in mind that our sellers are responsible for ensuring the customers on their list have given explicit permission to contact them. Please always consult a knowledgeable professional advisor if unsure about local legal obligations.

Message 3 of 3