x

Customers think they have finished placing their order but haven’t.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. We use the Square online store through Weebly. A couple times a day, customers are waiting for their order that they think they placed because they saw the screen that tells them what time your order will be ready. They do not see the final ”place order” button at the bottom. (Pretty much all mobile device orders.) Is there any way to have  the “place order” button right near the pick up time or something because this is becoming a major issue with my customers and my coffee shop. And likely this winter we will be going to only online ordering unless the Covid situation changes. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Hey there @risecoffee! Thanks for posting. 

There isn't a way to move the Place Order button in checkout I'm afraid, but I'm gathering from a few Sellers that the checkout flow for most customers isn't very intuitive as a whole and pretty clumsy to navigate. 

Aside from the Place Order placement, would eliminating some steps when placing the order help? 

Taking your feedback to Ecom Team for improvements so I appreciate your input.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Absolutely. Anything to make it quicker and smoother would be appreciated. I get a lot of frustration feedback, but we do our best to explain it. I just wish it was more smooth and intuitive and less pages/confirmations/etc. Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

We definitely experience this issue as well. I think a few things that could help is having some different wording in that part of the checkout experience or eliminate the part that says when the order will be ready until after they've fully processed their order. It's improved over the last few weeks it seems like, but we definitely still have some confused customers. 

Thanks for helping improve our selling experience!

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

I've had this issue too, usually 1 or 2 times per week. 

I also have an issue where the customer gets a security code for Square to remember their address information and they confuse that for an order confirmation. 

I have always chocked it up to operator error, but it's getting hard to continue the conversation. 

I'm also wishing I could figure out how to get the "here" reply function to work  - it would be so much easier to weed out the ones waiting for an "order" that might have an error.

Message 5 of 8

I’m not sure if this has been addressed at all but we still have this problem. I was just buying something online from an unrelated site snd it said “you’re almost done!” At the top and then gave me more info to hit final confirmation button. Very helpful and I could see that simply adding that would eliminate this issue. Since it shows “this is your pickup time” before they confirm their order, they think they’re done. So this a sort of statement just prior to that would be a simple answer. Becaisw then they stand there politely for a while waiting for their order only to find out it was never placed. See how this can make customers not so happy?!? Any progress??

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for bumping this conversation back to the forefront, @risecoffee - I'm just catching up here, but I can definitely see how the situation you referenced could make for some unhappy customers.

While I can't confirm specific progress on this Feature Request, I am more than happy to continue to flag it over to our Product Teams for you! As soon as we have a shareable update, we can bounce back here and let you know.

Thanks for hanging in!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Joe!

cheers

Message 8 of 8