x
Super Seller Alumni

Default Prep time In orders

Can we PLEASE have a 20 minute default prep time? We have 5,10,15 then it jumps to 30. 20 minutes is a sweet spot that we could use.

also, please let us adjust that outside of the dashboard and on the tablet. When it needs to be changed mid shift, it’s usually an emergency,,,,,we don’t share dashboard logins with any staff, so they have to track us down to make the change.

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Good feedback, @pieous! Definitely will pass this up to the Product Team. I know just 10 minutes can make a huge difference in the scheme of the restaurant industry. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 10
Admin

HI @pieous, I've escalated this request to our Square Online team. Can you share a bit more information about how a 20 minute default prep time would be useful for your business specifically? Feel free to share examples or ideal scenarios - it'll really help us to understand this request. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Finally! It’s really not that hard to understand. If we are busier than a 15 minute prep time, we can only move it to 30 minutes. What if we are not double as busy? We can only change it from 15 to 30 when we could potentially prep the orders in 20 minutes. It’s about being flexible. It’s bad enough that we have to login to dashboard to make these changes to the prep time  (which are sometimes done several times a shift), the least you could do is let us be flexible with our Prep times.

if the need is not clear, please let me know how I can expand on the above? 

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Thank you, very clear @pieous! One follow up question - have you used order limiting or tried it? Order limiting automatically pushes back pickup/delivery estimates for the location based on how many orders are coming in at a time. It might save you time having to update the prep time manually. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

The documentation on how order limiting works leaves a lot to be desired. It’s really not intuitive. And you still have to login to dashboard to make changes.

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Thank you. I've shared this feedback with the Square Online team. 

I'll reply to this thread as soon as I have another update on the default prep time settings. Thanks again for raising this!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

20 minutes was added. Meant to send a note thanking you! So thanks.

how about a 2way text messaging add on? Would love to pay for this. “Click here to text this customer about this order?”

Message 8 of 10
Admin

Sorry for the late response @pieous - I'm very glad to hear that it was added! I wasn't sure exactly when it would happen. 

I believe the Square Online team is working on adding additional features to text message notification for orders!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Update: I can't share a timeline for when the updates to text message notifications will be available - keep an eye out in the Beta Community in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 10