x

I would like to disable the popup for delivery or take out address on the home page.

Where do I find the customized option?  I have search the dashboard and search support.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

At this time. this pop-up is a part of the Order Online template, @cobourgmuseum.

While there is currently not a way to disable this pop-up from appearing when using the Order Online template, you can switch templates, and use the Shop Now template if you would prefer not to see this pop-up on your website.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @HappySparkles,

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this popup?

I'm not sure if I'm familiar with which one you're talking about. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 19

DC067863-7B15-402E-8C81-6894D1BA6BB4.png

Message 3 of 19

@HappySparkles,

Okay so I heard back from the Weebly team and they said unfortunately at this time there isn't a way to disable this pop-up. 

I passed it forward to them as feedback and a suggestion to be able to disable this in the future. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 19

That happens when I click on "feature category". Appreciate!Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 9.58.22 PM.png

Message 5 of 19

Hey @Guga,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to avoid this pop-up but I'll share your feedback with our Online Store team that you'd prefer that this doesn't appear!

Ashley C
Message 6 of 19

I also find this frustrating. Customers are faced with this decision before even seeing the store, or knowing what the pick-up and drop-off options are.. My feedback from customers is this is a weak link in the process, and unfortunately, it is the very first thing they encounter.

Message 7 of 19

With a lack of a better term/description,

how can I remove this pop up?

It is the first pop up that pops up when someone comes to our online store and overlays our “announcement” pop up. If you X out, it takes you to the online store without ever showing the pop up we have in place.

I could not locate it in the PopUp section, I have looked under location settings (we only have one location) and I have looked under pickup&delivery.

We think this showed up when the integration for delivery services such as postmates was added on.

Thank you

57EF89C6-42FE-4679-9842-5A2ED5986D90.jpeg

C9F7B88F-B922-4AC0-8E97-0F0D45E9AFC1.jpeg

Message 8 of 19

Wondering if anyone feels annoying of seeing this pop up before you go directly to the menu. I don't think it is necessary to ask customer to take one more step before they can view menu - if it only pops it your first time go to the website is okay. I hope we can have a choice to disable it. 

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 19

i would like that too. it seems they are building this functionality into item fulfillment anyway.

Message 10 of 19

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Weebly: How to get rid of "find the nearest store" pop up menu?

Troubleshoot.png

How would I get rid of this menu that pops up every time you access our online store? We only have one location, and all of our items are shippable. So this pop up menu is superfluous.

Message 11 of 19
Alumni

Best Answer

At this time. this pop-up is a part of the Order Online template, @cobourgmuseum.

While there is currently not a way to disable this pop-up from appearing when using the Order Online template, you can switch templates, and use the Shop Now template if you would prefer not to see this pop-up on your website.

Valentina
Message 12 of 19

Thanks for that Valentina.  I expect we’ll leave things as they are for the moment.

Message 13 of 19

It would be really great if we could have the ability to remove this popup even though we're using the Order Online template? It's really unfortunate that our customers have to enter their address before browsing our products. @Valentina Thank you

Message 14 of 19
Beta Member

I see other users have been battling this popup for many months, but it just began (within the last month) popping up on our website even though we've used the "Order Now" template for over a year. Is there something in the item or category settings that would trigger it to start showing up now? Any insight would be really helpful, thank you!

Jessica Adams
Vagabond Pizza, Abilene, TX
https://www.vagabondpizza.com
Message 15 of 19

Hi @JessicaTX Thanks for posting 🙂

As far as I know, the popup box will always appear on the Order Online page if you have multiple locations and/or fulfillment options. Have you made any changes to the website pages recently? 

Can you post a link to the site so we can take a look? Thanks! 

Message 16 of 19

I agree.  This pop up first prompt is an AWFUL feature that needs to be removed ASAP.  Horrible UX.  It is the reason we are going to be switching over to Shopify.  Can someone please help me get it off?

Message 17 of 19

Any idea how to remove the POP Up that prompts a user for their address first?  This is an awful feature that causes people to drop off our website once they have clicked on a Facebook ad.  I probably get 5-10 messages a day asking me how to see a menu.  Many customers can't figure out to x out this feature and see our menu.  It amazes me that a company as advanced as Square has such a bad UX. 

Any ideas?

Message 18 of 19
Alumni

If you do not want this pop up to appear on your website, you will need to switch to the Shop All template.

Using the Order Online template without first requiring your customer to input an address - in order for the website match them with the location nearest to them - is not currently possible. We'll drop back here with an update if this changes in the future, @Butterclaw.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community, and learn more about feature requests here.

Valentina
Message 19 of 19