x
Beta Member

Is there a way to not print default modifiers on order tickets and receipts?

I own a cafe and have recently started using the Online Store feature for curbside pickups. I had to make all our modifiers available for selection in the online store so the customer can change the defaults if they choose to but also give them the option to go back to the default. (If a customer selects something in a drop down menu, they can't clear the option)

For example, our standard shot is a double shot and is selected as the default modifier in the online store. On our Square Register, we had this as an option but we don't select anything unless it's different from our standard. Now that the online store and the Square Register are synchronized, the default option is selected in the Register too and prints on the order ticket.

The same goes for our food options, i.e. No Cheese, Light Cheese, Regular Cheese, Extra Cheese.

Is there a way to have Regular Cheese be the default option and not print on our receipt or order ticket but have any other selection from that list print?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @elevatecoffee,

Happy to look into this for you, do you mind providing the website/URL to your side. I'd like to look at it in the same veiw that your consumers do. Thank you.

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hey @Alex_! Thank you for the response

We're using order.elevatecoffee.us for our online store.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @elevatecoffee,

Thank you for your patience. I have looked into the possibility of creating a default modifiers list with proper syncing to your printer, and at the moment, it is a feature request and has not been built out yet.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4