x

Is there a way to specify order pickup time and day?

I have a small home based bakery and would like to automate the ordering process, but Square's online stores does not allow the customer to select a pickup time and day, as far as I can tell. For example, someone wants to order a cake for a birthday that is one week away. Currently, all orders are pushed through for pickup at the next available time the business is open according to the hours listed in business hours. I want customers to be able to select a time and date in the future for their order to be prepared. Also, order cutoff times would be a nice feature so that I don't have to turn on and off the ordering to prevents unfulfillable orders. Is there something I am missing, or are these features being developed? I have looked into other website creation options, but it would be so nice to keep things as simple and consolidated as possible and not have to use other payment processors, etc...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @summerthyme

Definitely! There is an option to add scheduled pick-ups on our Online Store through your settings. 

Go to Settings > Pickups & Deliveries > Edit Location > Scroll down to "Pick up Settings"

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hi, thanks for your response. Any info regarding an order cutoff time? From what I can tell, people can place orders up until midnight, even with the 1 day prep time specified, for orders to pickup the next day. This doesn't work at all for my items as I actually need to fabricate the order once it's placed. 

Message 3 of 8

@summerthyme

Yes, you can set your own pick-up hours through the Settings in your Online Store. 

There is an option to have separate operating times for pick-up and delivery, so you can edit it for what fits your business. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 8

Yes you already answered that question, I was following up about order CUTOFF times. For example, I need to be able to cutoff orders for some items at 6pm the day before the customer wishes to pick it up. I currently have to close my online store every day at 6pm to prevent people from ordering past that time and expecting to pick up the following morning. 

Message 5 of 8

@summerthyme

The cutoff time feature has been a popular Feature Request from sellers recently. I have moved your post to the thread where this is discussed. 

Other sellers such as @pessosices and @zder have developed a workaround in the meantime. 

Our Product Team is still working on this Feature Request and it's still in development. As soon as it is implemented, one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update to this thread. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 8

Is there a way to let customers now that their order will be "Ready By" a certain time, rather than the email notifications saying "Ready After"?

Message 7 of 8

Hi @addys I've merged your post to an existing thread from @summerthyme that may help answer your question.

AshleyK
Message 8 of 8