x

Sections linking to printers, modifiers linking to items, POS linking to online, and no print.

I've searched the community and can't any solid answers to the these four issues.

1. When 86ing items through the Square for Restaurants iPad app, it doesn't update and 86 the item on the online store. Is this possible?

2. When needing to 86 modifiers there is no option for this. Is this possible? Or, can you link modifiers to items? Then, if you 86 the item it 86's the linked modifier.

3. Having certain sections print to specific printers. i.e. Upstairs terminals print drinks to the upstairs bar. Adding sections to the printer setup screen seems like it would fix this?

4. If we have a bartender ring up a drinks for their customers we don't need the tickets to print at their bar printer. This seems like it could be an option in device setup. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help, these few problems are really holding up our transfer to this system.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

1 & 2 I'll have to confirm with our  Restaurants Team to if Square can support those functionalities so I'll be back with a response when I get one. 

3. The only way to designate print outs to certain printers is by categorizing items, not sections. But I'll be sure to pass that idea up to our Restaurant Product Managers for tracking. 

4. If you don't want drinks to print to a particular printer, turn off your drink category in POS settings in Dashboard. 

@thevillagedoor

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Back with an update. @thevillagedoor

So short answer is no to both 1 and 2 but syncing to mark as sold out in the online store is currently in the works and should be released soon. 

Be on the look out for upcoming announcements. Moved your post to the Restaurants Community board to stay-in-the-know. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3