x

Self serve printing delay

Hi, there is a 4-7 minute delay on printed tickets on orders that are placed over a QR code. Does anyone know if this is a setting error or a connectivity issue? 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Check your prep time and order velocity settings in the online dashboard for square online.  That could be one thing that the system is pacing tickets.  Otherwise, I recommend setting up a 100% discount and do some test orders to test out the system in real time.  Are you using iOS or Android to print the order tickets and to what kind of printer?

@Janice2 There are a couple of settings under the printers tab on the tablet to print order tickets immediately also to look at.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Check your prep time and order velocity settings in the online dashboard for square online.  That could be one thing that the system is pacing tickets.  Otherwise, I recommend setting up a 100% discount and do some test orders to test out the system in real time.  Are you using iOS or Android to print the order tickets and to what kind of printer?

@Janice2 There are a couple of settings under the printers tab on the tablet to print order tickets immediately also to look at.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2