x
Beta Member

Square POS or Square for Restaurant

I'm using Restaurant Pro Express for our winery tasting room. We also use Square for processing credit cards and for our online store. I was thinking of consolidating with Square for Restaurant, but it looks very table centric, which does not fit with the way we do business. So I thought maybe Square POS would work, but we definitely need open tickets, kitchen printer, and rewards club, to name a few required features. So, is there any Square solution that can meet our needs?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @WineCurmudgeon !

Luckily the Standard Square POS does have Open Tickets, Kitchen Printing, and Loyalty all as options! 

Using the Square for Restaurants, you do get some extra features and more restaurant centric process. And you don’t have to use the table based features if you don’t want to. Plenty of Quick Serve / counter service restaurants, as well as other vineyards and wineries use it too! 

But yes, the standard Square POS system could definitely work for your needs! 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks for your prompt response.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I have a friend with a restaurant business that has online ordering with a weekly changing menu. This is what she wrote me:

I currently manage the cart system and because it’s in an outdated version of drupal to have to use many workarounds. I also have to update it every single week because the current version has no way to have a base list of menu items and then associate dates with them. The menu changes weekly so that’s essential. I’m open to square space but it needs to be able to handle that menuing challenge plus a weekly minimum (not cart minimum) and gift cards and subscriptions. I also have a group gift pooling option that was going to be vastly improved on the new site... and I need to be able to customize reports weekly: by customer. By item. By delivery address...

any ideas how to move away from a drupal shopping cart to square?

Message 4 of 5

Square restaurant $129 per month too (AUD) Whoa. 

Message 5 of 5