x

What happened to Variations & Getting Deleted

I have been using item variations since this COVID mess started.  For some reason now its under options but alot more confusing & now items that have been the same for months magically lost the variations options that have been in there!?! This has really messed up my online ordering and I dont know why things that are not an issue square keeps changing and others things that we are not having issue with they go and change and create this problems.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @droidbaker

These are variations that you had set up for items in your online store, right? Are you not seeing the variations for the item in your Square Dashboard, or not seeing them in the Square Online overview page?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 7

I have since fixed it as it didnt happen to all items just random items.  Yes these are item variations that were set up in my item library these have been there for months with those variations. Then all the sudden the variations are gone for no reason they were there last week.  Only caught it because a customer who regularly orders sent me a message letting me know when she went to order through the online store. 

Message 3 of 7

im having the same problem. item are just deleting on its own. how can this problem get fixed.

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @droidbaker,

Do you mind sharing how you fixed it for @xclusivearrival above?

Otherwise I'd have to recommend contacting direct CS to take a closer look to see if it's a bug and file a ticket if need be.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Something is still going wrong with this.  I add items under Create items, then all the information is saved accordingly.  Then, when I go to the Online section to finish setting it up under the website the information is not only not syncing but is also deleted partially back in the square site item portion under variations.  Please help fix this!  It is costing lots of time to enter things more than once and it's rather odd that something would "save" completely intact and then be deleted upon going back into the item set up portion.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@smckinley99 That sounds really frustrating and also a little buggy. I would recommend calling into Support so they can have engineering take a look at what specifically is going on with your account. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7