x

What is the best way to accept online orders (for a cafe) using Square POS?

What is the best way to accept online orders (for a cafe) using Square POS? I do my website through Weebly. Looking for something simple as we are a weekend popup with limited traffic and budget. Do I need to run it through weebly, or can I do it through Square POS and just put a link on my weebly website? I'm pretty new to all this...

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @goldenlinecoffe 

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Weebly is owned by Square, and has been working hard to integrate it fully into the Square ecosystem.

Did you set up your Website directly through weebly, or through the Square Dashboard?

If you have Square Sync turned on through Weebly, and it's linked to your Square Account that you use on your POS, then it's the same thing.

Your Items and sales should all be linked, and online orders through your Square Online / Weebly website should be connected to your POS & Square Account.

And as @isabelle shows in her comment, Square Online / Weebly orders can pop into your Square POS in the Orders tab to make it easy to fill the orders.

Here's my Square Online / Weebly site, with ordering built right into the homepage, no link out needed. I haven't set up a custom domain for it yet, but that's the plan for this winter: pessosices.square.site

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hey @goldenlinecoffe, we can def help you out.  I'm looping in one of our supreme Sellers who's super helpful here in the Community. 

@Goldneye, mind if we pick your brain?

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Thanks Justin, any pointers would be helpful. I'm new to this and don't fully understand the options and lingo.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Hey @goldenlinecoffe

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. We're here to help. 

I would highly suggest taking a look at this instructional video about managing Square Online orders from your device:

Additionally, this Support Center article was hugely helpful to me when I wanted to familiarize myself with how this works. 

I'm pretty sure our Super Sellers @GourmetOnWheels @JamesSandbar @pessosices @MAXSDELI @porktaco do use both our Square Online site and manage orders from our POS system. 

Please reply back in this thread with any questions that come up! 💡🌠

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @goldenlinecoffe 

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Weebly is owned by Square, and has been working hard to integrate it fully into the Square ecosystem.

Did you set up your Website directly through weebly, or through the Square Dashboard?

If you have Square Sync turned on through Weebly, and it's linked to your Square Account that you use on your POS, then it's the same thing.

Your Items and sales should all be linked, and online orders through your Square Online / Weebly website should be connected to your POS & Square Account.

And as @isabelle shows in her comment, Square Online / Weebly orders can pop into your Square POS in the Orders tab to make it easy to fill the orders.

Here's my Square Online / Weebly site, with ordering built right into the homepage, no link out needed. I haven't set up a custom domain for it yet, but that's the plan for this winter: pessosices.square.site

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the info and thanks for the link, super helpful!

Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

@isabelle 

I am not using the Square Online Store, but between Christmas, and New Year when my business is slow I will set one up just to try.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 7 of 9

Thank you!

Message 8 of 9

HI, thank you for the post recommendation but I am not familiar with POS.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 9 of 9