x

What is the best way to include add-ons for the Square Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: selling pizza in the online store]

Has anyone found a way to successfully sell pizza through the online store? I'm attempting to set it up and as I'm adding items I'm realizing this is going to be very difficult. I started out by just adding a plain pizza as an item with the intention of adding whole and half toppings as a separate variation but then I realized this is going to get really confusing if someone wants 3 pizzas and then tries to separately add toppings. How would I ever know what toppings went on what pies? Not to mention I'd have to do this for 3 different sizes of pizzas. I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't even use this...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hello @jm5,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Sounds like using modifiers could be a great tool for your business. 

Item modifiers allow you to sell items that are customizable or offer additional choices. These are different from item variations such as size or color, as they are not tied to your inventory levels and can be applied to any item.

There are two types of item modifiers: a text input box, and a list of options. You can use modifiers with item variations to create products with a range of options for your customers to choose from. For example, let’s say you’re selling an engravable bracelet that comes in multiple sizes. Your item variations would be the sizes (small, medium, large, etc), and your modifier would be the custom text to engrave (the customer’s name or initials, for example).

Please check out this support article for more information and let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6

I'm trying to do this right now as well.  Can anyone show me one done through weebly that works well?  I would love to see it.  I'm close to getting where it needs to be but I still can see things that need to be improved.  Can I reorder the modifiers?  So the same one is first all the time.  They are random on my page.  Makes it not look professional.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @pessosices!

Any suggestions for @GoodGuysPizza?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @GoodGuysPizza 

You totally can organize the Modifier Groups - just go into the Square Online Store Dashboard, go into Items, and click on the particular item, and from there you can sort the order.

And for the actual modifiers themselves within a group, they should absolutely stay in the same order you put them in.

Check out mine and let me know if you have any more specific questions!

https://pessosices.square.site/

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 6

I am selling flowers in my online shop and wanted to do an add on of a box of chocolates, how can I do that?

Message 6 of 6