x

"Allow scheduled deliveries" is no longer an option, when using the On-Demand Delivery feature

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings online

There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There use to be a switch below "Allow scheduled deliveries"There is an issue where some people are seeing this option and others are not. When I received the email from Square on August 13th titled, "New product name, manage multiple sites, and more" they offer "Offer pickup and delivery scheduling" as an option. "Let customers schedule their pickup or delivery order right from the checkout screen. Keep an eye out for more enhancements to make ordering easier coming soon".

That day, I went into the setting and turned this setting on for "Allow scheduled deliveries", so the customer can make an order but have it delivered to them later that day or days later. Today a customer called and wanted to that and I checked the settings, which it looked like disappeared completely. There was no option to have the order delivered later in the day that they wanted. 

Message 1 of 63
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Not seeing "Allow scheduled deliveries" anymore in settings

Hi all! We are currently testing On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi all! We are currently testing On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

If you'd like to be involved in this test, please take a second to join our Beta Community.

Once in the community we'll be able to opt-you in to this test for On-Demand Delivery Scheduling.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Hi Kassi_,

I have the same question here. I see no option to allow customers to select their delivery time. A lot of our customers place a delivery order early during the day to be delivered at night. I have a restaurant and I am trying to switch my online orders system from another POS to Square but this will be definitely a deal-breaker for me.

I see there is an option to allow scheduled pick-up, cannot we do the same for deliveries? Thanks!

Where is the option to scheduled delivery?Where is the option to scheduled delivery?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 63
Beta Member

Hello, is there any plans to add the ability for customers to schedule a delivery for the future? We've had multiple customer specify in the order notes that they want a different time, but there's currently no good process to support that with this feature. And there's no good way for us to call Square or Postmates to manually change the time for us.

Message 3 of 63
Admin

Hey @kiiri!

Thanks for posting in the Seller COmmunity.

This is a feature request we're working on making available in the future. We understand that it may be easier for the customer to input a custom time, and for you to approve or deny it within your own availability.

I do not have a release date or timeline to share at this time, but I appreciate you resurfacing this suggestion. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 63

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Schedule a specific Delivery day??

Use to have a switch underneath which allowed delivery schedulingUse to have a switch underneath which allowed delivery schedulingThere is an issue where some people are seeing this option and others are not. When I received the email from Square on August 13th titled, "New product name, manage multiple sites, and more" they offer "Offer pickup and delivery scheduling" as an option. "Let customers schedule their pickup or delivery order right from the checkout screen. Keep an eye out for more enhancements to make ordering easier coming soon".

That day, I went into the setting and turned this setting on for "Allow scheduled deliveries", so the customer can make an order but have it delivered to them later that day or days later. Today a customer called and wanted to that and I checked the settings, which it looked like disappeared completely. Now our delivery settings say

Delivery area
Determined by Postmates

Customers outside the area served by Postmates will not be able to place orders for delivery.

So probably Postmates system having to add orders taken from Square partners are not working anymore. 

PS: There is a gap in the prep time from 15 jumping to 30 mins. 20 and 25 mins are greatly suitable for us and would be greatly appreciated if added. Thank you

Message 5 of 63
Beta Member

I am also seeing this issue. I toggled the "Allow scheduled deliveries" when they first announced it, but it disappeared for me now.

Message 6 of 63
Alumni

Hi @rayspizza and @kiiri - did either of you happen to switch over from seller powered delivery to on-demand delivery?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 63

No, I do not remember ever setting up the setting for sell powered deliveries. In the past we only used the site https://square.postmates.com/ but never had our own delivery drivers and have been always using On demand delivery 

Message 8 of 63
Alumni

Thanks for getting back here! If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to our Support team about this, as they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account. They should be able to provide some clarity about what you're seeing here, @rayspizza and @kiiri.

Valentina
Message 9 of 63

Hello, I just got off the phone with them. They said that since we are using on demand delivery that the option to have scheduled delivery is not available, and that scheduled delivery is only for if we were to use our own delivery drivers. 

Message 10 of 63
Alumni

Ah, yes - that makes sense, @rayspizza. Thanks so much for dropping back by to share what you found out!

@kiiri - does it sound like this situation could apply to you as well? Might be worth reaching out to Support if you're not sure.

Valentina
Message 11 of 63
Beta Member

@Valentina yeah, this is applies to what we were seeing too. we're temporarily switching to using our "own couriers" and just manually scheduling deliveries via square.postmates.com. thanks for following up on this!

Message 12 of 63
Alumni

Glad to hear things are making a bit more sense now, @kiiri👍

Valentina
Message 13 of 63
Admin

Hey @rayspizza!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Can you confirm whether or not you see the following options? ⬇

Please go to Items > Item Library and click on an item to edit, then scroll down to the fulfillment section and select a prep time.

Click the toggle if you want to allow customers to schedule deliveries. If enabled, during checkout buyers will be able to choose a delivery date and time based on your business hours, prep time, and estimated delivery time.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 14 of 63

This is what the settings look like but it still does not allow for having a delivery scheduled. Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 3.33.50 PM.png

Message 15 of 63
Admin

@rayspizza Okay, please try clicking Online > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location:

Then Order timing settings:

Then you should see the following options:

I hope that works. So sorry about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 16 of 63

The option of "Allow scheduled deliveries" is not there for me

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 4.49.30 PM.png

Message 17 of 63
Admin

Oh no @rayspizza!

Okay, please give us a call so we can file a ticket with our Engineering Team to look into this for you. So sorry about this back and forth. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 18 of 63

Hello, I just got off the phone with them. They said that since we are using on demand delivery that the option to have scheduled delivery is not available, and that scheduled delivery is only for if we were to use our own delivery drivers. 

Message 19 of 63

Is there a timeframe of when this can be an option? Doordash allows it's customers to schedule deliveries. 

Message 20 of 63
Beta Member

@isabelle Any thoughts on when this will become available? We are having the same problem.  And both DoorDash/Postmates allow scheduled deliveries on their individual platforms.

Message 21 of 63