x

Are there differences between the Android and Apple IOS point of sale apps?

Hi all.  I'm new to Square.  We're at the point where we need to buy devices to use for point of sale.  We may be able to use what we already have.  We'll need two, one for indoors and one for curbside pickup.  Here's my question: 

Are there any differences between the Square Point of Sale app for Android and for Apple IOS?  I'm curious to know if one is better than the other.  If we end up having one of each will that be confusing for the people using them?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @bluffingwildly -

Welcome to the Community! 

Great questions - as far as using Apple vs. Android, both Point of Sale apps operate the same. It would be the entirely up to you.

The only thing to consider is that Apple has access to Square for Restaurants and Square for Retail apps, if that is something you would like to consider. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @bluffingwildly -

Welcome to the Community! 

Great questions - as far as using Apple vs. Android, both Point of Sale apps operate the same. It would be the entirely up to you.

The only thing to consider is that Apple has access to Square for Restaurants and Square for Retail apps, if that is something you would like to consider. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks very much!  The Point of Sale app is all that we will need for our little shop.  We have two camps in our group - those that have signed on with Apple and those who are Android fans.  I wanted to make sure that everyone will be able to use the device that is most comfortable for them.  Thanks, too, for your offer of additional help  So far we seem to be in good shape but we will be going live with this in the next week or so.  I'm sure that other issues will pop up.

Message 3 of 4

We had android versions and devices but printers wouldnt work right and almost 2 years ago we not compatible with the android version of the POS app. Square was designed mostly around IOS and is compatible with more things via the IOS app vs android. We bought the Square stand and an ipad mini to keep it simple and reduce IT issues and later added the Square Register now to but we run Square Retail vs the Free Square POS

Message 4 of 4