x
Beta Member

Assigning Customers Specific Discount Levels

I haven’t found it yet, but I’m looking to assign specific customers a specific discount level. For instance, a regular customer that is a veteran / active duty and always gets 10% off.  Or a customer is a member and gets a certain percentage off on a small segment of product categories, while no discount on other categories.

Seems to me with the vast variations in business types that Square users have, this should be a pretty common need. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ReverendMike,

I grabbed your other case too but this is also something we don't offer at this time.

You can set up discounts and only offer them to the people you choose but there's not a way to assign them to people in Point of Sale.

You might want to look into our Square Loyalty program as this allows returning customers to earn points towards discounts or free items.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply. I already use Loyalty and it’s not robust enough to assign just to a specific category of customers. I might need to look at repurposing COUPONS for this purpose. I guess the barcode for the coupon could be affixed somewhere near the register and scanned in for customers that are paid members. 

Message 3 of 4

We would second this concept. We work with several non-profits throughout the year. Some purchase monthly or so, while others do one significant event yearly. If we have their paperwork, we offer a discount regardless of volume or frequency - so I don't believe a loyalty program fits the task. It would be fantastic to automatically flag these customers in the system to constantly receive the discount.

#welovelocal #damgoodstuff
Message 4 of 4