x

Can you allow customers to schedule the day/time for local delivery of their purchase?

Hello Square Development Team -

I run a small winery and a big part of our business is delivering product to customers in the local area. With the recent pandemic, local delivery has become the most important part of our business. Although there is a delivery option now at checkout, the way it works is causing my customers major confusion.  Basically, the delivery feature auto-generates the next available day/time for delivery, based on delivery schedule setup. Seems like it was setup for restaurants, but my customers need a way to schedule their own delivery day/time that works for them. This would essentially be the exact same function you already support for pickup orders, but applied to delivery orders.

Could you please let me know how I can get this feature request in for consideration to improve the platform?  This would drive a lot more business for us (and Square) and really help during the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Thanks,

Kevin

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 👋

Wanted to update you all and let you know that scheduled deliveries are now an option on the Checkout page for Square's Online Store! 👏

sos-pickup-prep-time.png

sos-delivery-estimate.png

sos-delivery-checkout-page.png

We've updated the Support Center article for Local Delivery as well here for reference.

Right now the option will be on the actual Checkout page but will soon also be available in the cart itself. 

Thank you all so much for your patience and feedback to help get this implemented. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Hello @Kevin77,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

We definitely see how this could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, rest assured i've escalated this up as a feature request on your behalf. we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 15

Alex,

Thanks for the response. Are there other methods to getting a new feature (schedule delivery) into the development queue? Would it help for me to find other sellers who could vote for this feature? I'm looking for a way to bump the scheduled delivery feature up the priority list within your development team priorty.  Any ideas you have would be welcome.

Cheers,

Kevin 

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

@Kevin77,

We definitely hear you on this. It would definitely help the more we see a repeat request from other sellers. Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 15

@Alex_ 

Looks like you guys added the scheduled delivery feature!  Thanks so much! 

One bug that I'm noticing with this feature is related to the delivery calendar options.  When a customer chooses to schedule a delivery, the calendar options they get to chose from appear to match my store's *pickup* days/time, instead of my store's *delivery* days/times.  Pickup and Delivery days/times are different for our business, so deliver should only be able to be scheduled during our delivery days/times.

This seems like it would be an easy fix on the back end.  Could you have your team look into this and fix this bug?

Thanks!

Kevin

Message 5 of 15

Hi @Kevin77!

This was just released as of last night! I'm actually working on updating any relevant threads for it.

That is odd that's occurring for you though. It's definitely not expected behavior. I would recommend reaching out to our direct CS team so we can file a ticket for this and get any kinks worked out for you and report it. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 15

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 👋

Wanted to update you all and let you know that scheduled deliveries are now an option on the Checkout page for Square's Online Store! 👏

sos-pickup-prep-time.png

sos-delivery-estimate.png

sos-delivery-checkout-page.png

We've updated the Support Center article for Local Delivery as well here for reference.

Right now the option will be on the actual Checkout page but will soon also be available in the cart itself. 

Thank you all so much for your patience and feedback to help get this implemented. 

Ashley C
Message 7 of 15

Hello, I am a new user to Square (for 3 days now) - I have built my store and it is live. I am trying to add the ability to allow customers to select day and time of delivery as well as a radius of where we offer free delivery but all of the instructions I have read above are not showing me the same thing on my screen. I am wondering if maybe it is because I am in Canada?

I just do not see any of these options in Online -> Checkout...  all I see is "Accept online orders" "Square Credit card types and Apple & Google Pay" "Paypal" and my "Store Policy". Am I completely blind?

Message 8 of 15

Hi @kiki55! I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding locating this feature. It should definitely be available for Canada. From your Square Online Dashboard, go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery and select the location you want to edit. Scroll down until you see "Order Timing Settings" and click "Edit."

From there, scroll down until you see "Scheduling" and toggle on "Allow Scheduled Deliveries."

I hope this helps, but definitely let me know if you run into trouble again. I will also follow up with our content team to get that help article updated with more detailed information. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 9 of 15

That TOTALLY helped! I finally found it. Much appreciated!

Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

Hello, do you think that it will soon be possible to have access to more option in terms of delivery? For example, define different delivery days or times per city or sector and offer the possibility of choosing between different time slots without choosing the exact time?

Message 11 of 15

Hey @Agrumesetmelons,

I moved your post to a thread where scheduled deliveries and how to do them is discussed.

Check out my Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

Hi,

I did not get a reply or answer to my question about "Scheduled Delivery"

Ali Keshavarz
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

We just started the Scheduled Delivery after lobbying for it for past 14 months! It just became  active, and it seems to function well. I believe it still needs fine tuning. Right now, the customer is given the "On Demand" option first. Most of my customers who want delivery for future dates are not aware of the new function:"order for later". They do not see the "Later" option and give up. I have had several customer calls and complain about this!

The best option is to ask the customer when is their desired date and time for delivery instead of automatically give them "On Demand" choice first.

Question 1: "Pick Up" or "Delivery"

Question 2: For "Right Now" or for "Later"

If for "Right Now" = "On Demand"

If for "Later" = ? date/time

Ali Keshavarz
Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks ashley,

I already knew this option but it does not allow a customer to choose a delivery for a specific day without necessarily choosing the precise time. I would also like to know if it is possible to allow orders only on certain days depending on the customer's city. I'm sure these two ideas would go a long way in helping grocery or ready-to-eat delivery businesses.

Message 15 of 15