x
Beta Member

Coupon Exclusions

Is there still not a way to exclude certain items from coupons? I saw a thread from 2016 about this and I still don't see an update for this. Some of our manufacturers do not allow any type of discount on their products and so when I create a coupon for guests to use it only allows me to do it off the entire order (which would allow the discount to apply to the items I am not supposed to discount) or I discount off specific categories or specific items but then the coupon takes the discount off every single category or every single item. This is a serious problem for us since coupons can help boost sells but the coupons as they are right now have a lot of flaws. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hello @Sexology,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

To make sure I'm understanding, do you process your sales mainly online, in person, or both? Also, if you do process sales online, what website builder did you use to create it?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

We sell both online and in-store. Due to covid a lot of our sales recently are from our online store through weebly. Unfortunately when we create coupons to send to our guests there is no way to exclude certain items (which we need to be able to do since some of our manufacturers prevent us from discounting their products). 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Hi @Sexology,

Thank you for your patience. 

After checking in with our Online Store Team, I can confirm that we don’t have the ability to exclude items from coupons. The only restrictions we can implement are to specific categories.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 7

Workaround possibility? 

Do a Quick Add of the eligible items to a Category then apply the coupon to that category only? My only thought would be if we can "hide" that category from the sidebar.... hmmm, unless you don't mind it showing. 

Best of luck! 

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the workaround idea! I was able to finally get it to work although it's not ideal, it does seem to work.

Message 6 of 7

I agree. I cannot create any type of promotions unless it's for a small amount if items or categories. I only have 2 items that are excluded from coupons. I have even thought of creating a coupon that would apply to all individual items, and then I would just remove the 2 items from the list. However, that was a flop because there isn't a "select all" box when adding specific items, and I have way too many items to add each one individual just to remove 2.

Seems like this would be an easy fix, but yet still waiting. @osldSteph mentioned a work around possibility, so I tried to add all my items to a "category" and then remove the 2 that are excluded. Of course when I went to create the category and add the items, there was no "select all" box either. So that didn't work. However, I did find the "select all" box under items rather than categories. Then I clicked "bulk edit" to add all items to "add to category". I was then able to add all my items to the "all items except excluded" category I created. I removed the 2 items from that category which was so much easier and created the coupon for that category and it no longer works for my excluded items. The cons are that the coupon is still "applied" except no dollar amount is subtracted. When searching, the newly created category does show up on the side and the excluded item is in the item number count of the category it's "excluded" from which is annoying. I have just relabeled the category "all items" so that it doesn't look too weird.

Hope this helps someone down the line that has the same issue.

Message 7 of 7