x

Does Square submit listings to Google Shopping?

Does Square submit listings to Google Shopping?  If so, what are the listing requirements to make it happen?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi, @AmysTreasures

The Square Online team recently made an update that will make it much easier to have your items listed with Google's Product Listings. Take a look at our help article on getting items listed in Google Product Listings for more information.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @AmysTreasures 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Glad to hear from you again.

Square doesn't automatically submit items and your business to Google Shopping listings. I was pretty unfamiliar with the process, but I did find this helpful resource directly from Google that looks to walk users through the process. I hope it helps!

Feel free to reach out if anything else comes up. Cheers! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hi, @AmysTreasures

The Square Online team recently made an update that will make it much easier to have your items listed with Google's Product Listings. Take a look at our help article on getting items listed in Google Product Listings for more information.

Adam
Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

How do we get pass the verify domain ownership step? When I click it and log into my linked account, it does nothing and remains red. Google states that account was verified and access granted to square on their end, but after 3 days, no movement. Please advise

Message 4 of 15
Admin

You might be able to do it separately. Try following the general steps to verify your domain with Google. I would choose the meta tag option since that's usually easier and faster than the TXT record method.

Adam
Message 5 of 15

Has anyone else experienced problems with all listings being "invalid or suspended due to policy violations?" We used to have over a thousand products listed and now ALL of them are disapproved. Every day we get an email from Square saying "Product listings were disapproved by Google." All of our products are children's toys, so there should be no problem with content. Any new product added is automatically disapproved, and since there are 1,765 products I can't tell if just one or two may be the culprits. However, our products are also listed on Google by Pointy, could this be the problem?

Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

It looks like Google is rejecting every single item on my web site, multiple times now.
"Product is invalid or is suspended due to policy violations" no details, just rejection.
These articles do nothing to resolve the issues.

Lanora Davidson
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

I am having the same issues. So frustrating.  Have you had any luck getting it resolved?  I haven’t. 😞

Message 8 of 15

Hello @ThingsDublin

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Did you take a look at this article? Also, as mentioned in the article, before you proceed, please make sure you meet the following requirements: 

1. Do you have a Square Online store?
  2. Have you subscribed to Square for Retail Free or Plus subscription?
  3. Do you have a visible return policy in Square Online?
  4. Do you have visible contact info in Square Online?

If none of the resources available helped, please give us a call so we can look into this further with you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

I have tried everything and still my items are being disapproved by Google.  Square is telling me that my website needs to be verified. However, Google is telling me that my items are not listed because there was no price found. Has anyone gotten Google Listings set up successfully? I'd really appreciate someone who can help - I'd even be willing to pay at this point! Suggestions?

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 10 of 15

I've moved your post over to this thread with similar questions. Please make sure to check out Adam's best answer! 😊

Message 11 of 15

I'm sorry, but the "best answer" doesn't help us. We used to have about 1,000 products listed on Google, so it was set up correctly. At some point, it started rejecting everything, including the previously approved ones.

Message 12 of 15
Admin

Hey all! We are actively looking for Square for Retail sellers to test our Google Local Product Listings integration! 

With Google Local, you can attract local buyers by setting up your inventory to be searchable locally across Google. Your customers can then search for items on Google as "nearby" or "near me" and in stock items from your business will appear. 

f7m_5Ce7qKLnn3LRDEo2PaRGpi9dvrNGwFUq-JqWniPSAyWuzIVnkc-8neJAyrE0M264iDLbnBDgi6wHkh0sqoC1IljaXLLv37zZUZw7d0iy3SgCROt8pAs8IvHo.png

As a participant in this beta program, the feedback you provide will help us improve and build features that help expand your business's online presence.

Before getting started, please make sure you are subscribed to Square for Retail Free or Retail Plus.

Who can test?

• Sellers in the US🇺🇸 
  • Sellers using Square for Retail Free or Retail Plus. 

Interested?

If you’re interested in being the first to test Google Local product listings, please comment on this thread in the Beta Community.  If you new to Beta Community to can sign up to test the latest features and connect with our product teams! 

What’s next?

Once you are enrolled in testing, a member of the Beta Team will follow up. After this confirmation feel free to follow our quick setup guide.

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 15

We're experiencing a similar issue which seems related to multiple products being on one page (i.e., as variants in the Square catalogue) rather than each having their own landing page. 

Message 14 of 15

Hi @edizionimiglior - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed Google Shopping listings. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

You may find some helpful information in this thread. I also wanted to share these Support Articles with you as well on Google Product Listings FAQs and Setting Up Google Free Product Listings.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 15 of 15