x
Beta Member

Does square still allow for customers to apply for a loan to pay there invoice?

Square used to allow customers to apply for credit for paying invoices over time. does square still allow this? if so what's the link or how to set it up? I used to have it on my site but they stopped doing it after some time just wondering if they brought it back? It was a great offer to give my clients for paying a large bill over time.

Thanks Mike

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @MoileMikes 👋 Thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Seller Community! We are so happy to see new faces join us here. Welcome!

Historically, we have offered Square Installments for customers to pay for their goods and services through periodic invoice payments, but that feature has unfortunately been discontinued due to the effects of COVID-19.

While we will not reactivate Square Installments for our sellers and their buyers in the near term, we are however continuing to monitor economic conditions and will update our sellers on any new developments.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

Hi @MoileMikes 👋 Thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Seller Community! We are so happy to see new faces join us here. Welcome!

Historically, we have offered Square Installments for customers to pay for their goods and services through periodic invoice payments, but that feature has unfortunately been discontinued due to the effects of COVID-19.

While we will not reactivate Square Installments for our sellers and their buyers in the near term, we are however continuing to monitor economic conditions and will update our sellers on any new developments.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

Well that’s ridiculous, there’s tons of other companies doing it. Now I have to figure out how to accept affirm or klarna or some other thing that I don’t even know if I can. 

Message 3 of 12

how do we know if a customer paid they payments in full to square installments

Message 4 of 12
Admin

@CBAR If you give our Support Team a call they should be able to look it up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 12

Thank you for your reply. I emailed the support group hopefully they can help with the answers I am looking for.  The transaction was Jan 3 2020 for 8900$+ and I need to know if it was paid in full. 

Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

From my understanding it didn't matter if they paid it or not you got your money upfront. 

Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

It’s ridiculous that your removed this feature. Another reason why square is a terrible company. 

Message 8 of 12

Hey there @rvaldez24 and everyone else interested in this feature we now have the option to offer AfterPay to your customers. This is a great opportunity to provide "Buy Now Pay Later" options to your customers. 

JJ
Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

Yeah except if you read the disclosure it says it pretty much excludes everything including electronics so what exactly can you use the after pay for them ???!!

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

No. I’m looking for long term financing like 12 or 24 months or something. Like you had before… also I’m not talking about online sales. I’m talking about invoices and pos integration in store. 

Message 11 of 12

Loud and clear @rvaldez24 and @LukeA83 I will pass this feedback over to our product team for their visibility. 

JJ
Message 12 of 12