x
Beta Member

Email notification for out of stock items

I have been with square for over 5 years now. I enjoy using the platform for the most part, but there are some really basic features that still don't exist.

One of the very basic features that I need for my website is for customers to be able to input their email address when an item is out of stock so that they can be notified when the item is back in stock.

This is frustrating because at the moment, I have to receive emails and phone calls from customers asking I contact them when an item is back in stock. This takes so much time an effort and I don't think is that hard to implement on the Weebly platform.

Almost all other web hosting sites have this feature. Am I the only one needing this to be a feature on the Weebly platform? 

Because of Covid, getting stock has never been more difficult, and when stock arrives, we want to move it fast. This feature will fix all of that for our store's patrons.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

@EurekaTec Thank you for bringing this feature to attention on the community board.

I'm a website designer and my clients have requested this "now back in stock" option for their Square Online store customers as well.

Does anyone know of a workaround or app that integrates this feature with Square Online items?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @taylorandjones,

Thank you for highlighting this feature request! While we don't have an out-of-stock email notification at the moment, this is a feature request our eComm team is tracking. Hopefully, some other sellers can share integrations or workarounds they've found useful in the meantime. 

Message 3 of 3