x

Feature Request: Cross-location tip pooling

Feature Request: Cross-location tip pooling

I understand that tip pooling used to be less scoped to individual locations. Now that minimum wage is so high, the pay gap between our kitchen staff and servers is low. We'd like to share tips across all of our employees, regardless of the locations where they work / where the tip was gathered. There seems to be no flexibility there other than doing the math myself. Being made from meat and pessimism, I'm not keen to be the guy messing up the numbers. An option to create a tip pool and add locations to that pool would be perfect.

Either that, or just be able to select all the locations that a given employee was eligible for tips from. There are some who should only be eligible for the retail location, and others who should be eligible for the retail location and pickups made at the kitchen, for instance. After further consideration, this is my preferred mechanism, as it allows for granularity and specificity.

1 Comment
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @cmacnevin

Thank you for this feedback on pooling tips through all locations. I have moved this over to our Feature Request board, so our Product Team can see it. 

You voice is greatly appreciate!