x

Free site item listings...

Is there a limit on the number of items one can offer with a free site? I'm seeing a message indicating....  "You can add as many items that you want, but they won't be listed for sale until you upgrade". I haven't seen a limit like this listed anywhere? Any info? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @smmayhem 👋 As long as you created your Square Online website through Square, there is no limit to the number of items that you can add to your website, regardless of the type of plan you're using.

However, if you created a website directly through Weebly and are on the free plan, there is a limit to the number of items that you can add to your website.

I hope this helps clarify, but if it doesn't - are you able to provide a screenshot here of the message you're seeing?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @smmayhem 👋 As long as you created your Square Online website through Square, there is no limit to the number of items that you can add to your website, regardless of the type of plan you're using.

However, if you created a website directly through Weebly and are on the free plan, there is a limit to the number of items that you can add to your website.

I hope this helps clarify, but if it doesn't - are you able to provide a screenshot here of the message you're seeing?

Valentina
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the clarification.  I had a Square account with items prior to setting up my website through Weebly. I'll see what happens as I have additional items to add, which will be the first items since seeing the message on Weebly.  I always enter my items via Square which then sync to my Weebly site. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

It sounds like you're saying that you only saw this message when adding items through the Item Library within your Online Dashboard, while you don't see a message like this when adding items to the Item Library in your Square Dashboard. Does that sound accurate, @smmayhem?

I'd also be curious to see if you're able to confirm whether you currently have Square Sync enabled:
Online Dashboard > Settings > Square Sync

(It sounds like you do!)

Valentina
Message 4 of 5

When I clicked the ONLINE button to start my website, the only option that I was given took me to the WEEBLY site editor.  How can I reverse this process to have as many things as I want for my website?  

In addition, why are two item lists maintained?  I tried the "sync" once,  and about half my items lost descriptions...

Message 5 of 5