x

Google product listings worked for a while, now ALL products rejected

Has anyone else experienced problems with all listings being "invalid or suspended due to policy violations?" We used to have over a thousand products listed and now ALL of them are disapproved. Every day we get an email from Square saying "Product listings were disapproved by Google." All of our products are children's toys, so there should be no problem with content. Any new product added is automatically disapproved, and since there are 1,765 products I can't tell if just one or two may be the culprits. However, our products are also listed on Google by Pointy, could this be the problem?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @florencews

This sounds like something we would want to contact Google about. 

The only thing I can think of on our end, is if listings were disabled, but you wouldn't see the policy violations message in that case. 

To make sure your listings are enabled, you can check out this article.

Let us know if that works! 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for replying, they are definitely enabled. About a month ago we had upwards of 1,000 items listed but now everything is automatically rejected. And I didn't think it was possible to actually contact Google.

Message 3 of 7

I don't see a way to attach my screenshot, but am referring to what I see at https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/listings. All of the items show they are suspended for policy violations, and I can't imagine how that could be true. The columns say Published 0 listings, Pending 0 listings, and Needs Attention 1830 listings. A few of the items are missing pictures or descriptions, but the ones with full information say it is a policy violation.

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

We have had the same thing happen several times, I just gave up and pulled everything down.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

I'm just starting with the Google Product listing.  I am running into the exact same thing as listed above.  Even when I go back and fix what they say is wrong it is rejecting. 

Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Greenmonkey65 I recommend reaching out to our support team when you get a chance. A rep can go over the settings with you, and escalate to our advanced support team if necessary. 

Message 7 of 7