x

Has anyone set up inventory for a boutique?

I am helping to set up inventory for a small boutique and having challenges with setting up the item names and variations. I'm looking for someone to give examples of how to set up the items. ex. we currently set up by vendor under item name and all of the actual items are under variation.  Recognizing this is incorrect, we are trying to establish the best way to set up items.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @ABJ-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

@CelticCottage @wishonmain I've seen you post about your clothing/retail business in the past. Do you have any insight for this seller? 

While I am not a boutique owner, we have a Square for Retail team at Square that can make fantastic suggestions when it comes to inventory management with Square. Please feel free to give them a call

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

When I set mine up the vendor option was not available so we used the category to identify the vendor.  We set up each item under the category (our vendor) and used “add variations” for sizes and/or colors.  The sacrifice was not having categories to capture but it was more important for me to track by brand/vendor.

Message 3 of 3