x

How can I change the location synced to my Square Online website?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Tie Location to Online Site

We have two onsite locations set up for purchases/services:

• Concessions
  • Registration

We recently set up a Weebly site to sell Registration services online.  Everything is going well, except:  whenever we set up a new item/event and people purchase, the sales go under Concessions instead of Registration.  This, of course, is wreaking havoc with our bookkeeping.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to associate the website and created items to Registration instead.  If I go to the Item Inventory, and simply associate the items to Registration, they no longer show on the website.  It's like the website, itself, is tied to Concessions.  I think I need a way to re-associate the entire website to the Registration location.

Message 1 of 20
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How can I change the location synced to my Square Online website?

The location of this setting seems to have changed again, and caused me a bit of panic this evening, so I thought I would post an update here.

1. Open your Square Online Account.

2. Select "Fulfillment" in the left-hand menu.

3. Select "Shipping" from the dropdown menu.

4. Under "Shipping from", click "Edit".

5. The first field should be "Select the location to pull inventory from for shipping orders".

6. Select the correct location from the dropdown.

7. Save Changes.

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

The location of this setting seems to have changed again, and caused me a bit of panic this evening, so I thought I would post an update here.

5. The first field should be "Select the location to pull inventory from for shipping orders".

7. Save Changes.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Alumni

What you'll need to do is edit the location you currently have set for Square Sync, @RumRiverBMX!

You'll start by heading to your Square Online overview page, then selecting Settings > Square Sync:

Once here, you'll see a page that looks like this:

Click the Change location link to view this pop-up screen:

If you run into any troubles when trying to change the location set for Square Sync, please be sure to reach out to our team directly so we can dig in with you a bit more. I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 20

That worked!  Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 20
Alumni

Thanks for letting me know this did the trick, @RumRiverBMX - I love a success story!

Valentina
Message 4 of 20

Hoping someone can help!

I have 2 "locations" in my account. The first is the original and all of my inventory is loaded there. It was attached to my free Square site, but I recently upgraded to a Weebly site. Now I'm showing that I have TWO locations, and the inventory from the POS does not reflect the inventory on my website. Based on a customer order I just got, I can see that my "second" location is my website and no matter what I do to link them, it doesn't work. I deactivated the original location and it still isn't working. The POS is linked to my old free site and I need it to link to the Weebly site. HELP!!!

Message 5 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post to an existing thread that may help answer your question. Let me know if you have any other questions after this. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 20

Hi Ashley,

Actually my problem is a bit different. I had a free Square site connected to the original profile, and now the other profile is attached to my Weebly site. I cannot seem to change this.

Message 7 of 20

Also, went through the process outlined above and my Square home doesn't look like the examples.

Message 8 of 20

@MissMelis sorry to hear that! It may be that you have an older Weebly account and so your system will be different. 

If you go to Items > Site Items, then either Add from Item Library, or mark items as unavailable as needed does that help fix the issue?

If not, you may need to contact Weebly Support so they can look at your account specifics.

AshleyK
Message 9 of 20

Ashley,

No, my Weebly site is new, within the last few months. I don't think you are understanding. This is a Square issue. My inventory is connected to the wrong location and I cannot fix it. Is it possible for someone to call me & link into my account so that I can show them what's wrong? My Weebly site was created and purchased THROUGH Square. But I had been using a free Square site for years prior to that with no issues. When Square forced everyone to move to Weebly, my free site continued as a square.site address, but by then I had purchased a domain and wanted to move everything there. My current inventory for my in-store POS is still connected to that free site, even though it no longer exists. This is why I cannot choose it as a location for my Weebly site. The free SQUARE site needs to be removed completely from existence so that I can then attach the site correctly.

Message 10 of 20

I am having the same problem.  Need to delete the "Free Personal Site" so I can manage my Premium sites locations and more.  Did they every assist you with this issue?

Message 11 of 20

Nope. I've moved to Shopify because of all the problems and lack of support.

Message 12 of 20

Square Sync is no longer under Settings and I can't find it.  Where did you move it to?

Message 13 of 20

Hi @PD3 - Welcome back to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see you. 😊

Great Question.

Square Sync has been renamed Item Sync. It can be located under items on your Square Online Dashboard.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 14 of 20

Good Afternoon, 

I'm having the same issue as the questions asked. I have 2 different locations and the site I just set up yesterday is putting the orders, funds and receipt are being sent from the wrong location. I read and saw that "Square Sync" has been renamed "Item Sync". I located "Item Sync" under "Shared Settings" on the Online Dashboard but "Item Sync" does not allow for the changing of the location like Square Sync did. It only allows you to change items from being visible to hidden. PLease help!!

Message 15 of 20

I have two locations and when setting up a Square site yesterday it never prompted me to pick a location during set up. 

SO the site is created, items created, but the orders, funds, and receipts are all tied to the wrong location.

I've read a couple threads here where it seems the "Square Sync" provided and opportunity to change locations, but that button is no longer available on the Online Dashboard. I read that it may have been re-named to "Item Sync" which I found under the "Shared Settings" button, but this only allows and update to the Items visibility. 

Please help I need to use this site next week and I need the receipt and the funds to be tied to the correct location for accounting purposes. 

Thank you

Message 16 of 20

Hi @BLane 👋 Violet here, stepping in for @Ria - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉

I went ahead and merged your duplicate post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have asked this question as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. I also want to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask Seller Community Members to not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Moderators.

Now that we have that out of the way,  it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 17 of 20

To change the location synced to your Square Online website, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Square Online account.
  2. Click on the "Settings" tab in the left-hand menu.
  3. Select "Locations" from the dropdown menu.
  4. Click on the location you want to edit.
  5. Update the address and other relevant information as needed.
  6. Click "Save Changes" to confirm the updates.

Note that if you have multiple locations synced to your Square Online website, you will need to repeat these steps for each location.

Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

Best Answer

7. Save Changes.

Message 19 of 20

Thank you for taking the time to update this thread, @ShiplapandSage

JJ
Message 20 of 20