x

How can I receive notification for every gift card sold

I checked all my settings on my notification, I recently offered Gift cards in my Studio and for some reason every time someone buy a eGift Card I dont receive any notification from Square. Because I have Acuity as a appointment service and they aren't merge the Square Gift cards to use as a appointment payment method so, I need to make their appointment manually. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @winkcomm-

Hmmm. If you have transaction email notifications enabled, you should be receiving an email whenever a gift card is purchased:

Let me know if that helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

Yes I have all boxes checked!! 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@winkcomm are you getting other transaction emails or no transaction emails at all?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I do, notification of the other transactions what I don’t get it is not have an email notifying me “hey someone bought a gift card of $—- this is her information.....”

you know? Yesterday someone bought a gift card from IG and I received an email saying just I have a deposit in transit of someone but another day other client bought a gift card from FB and I never received her notification. My concern is.... why the Gift Cards notification emails from SQUARE  not have the information complete in order for us to make moves. If I receive an email with her information I can call her, I can write her I don’t want my clients call me, to say hey I bought a gift card can I have an appointment that... I need to be the one who know first and go to her, do you follow what I say? 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I think I do follow what you are saying. I just tested ordering an eGift Card myself, and I can confirm that both the buyer and the seller will receive an email confirmation when the eGift Card order is placed online. Do you notice the emails not sending for only Instagram or Facebook posts?

Or, are you looking for more detailed transaction email notifications? The notification emails are a little vague, and will say only that there was a "$10 Payment." All transaction details will need to be viewed on the Square Dashboard as well, but still may not include all the customer information you are looking for. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6