x

How can we enter prices as "From"?

In a hair salon, prices will start out at a certain price and may be more, depending on the length of the hair and other factors. 
So, for instance, womens haircuts start at $25. But, if the hair is longer and the cut becomes more complicated, the charge would be more. 
Right now, the only option that I see is to post a price (Fixed) or select "Variable". The customer has no idea what they are making an appointment for when they see "Variable". I would rather post "From $25", so they have an idea of the cost. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Rinkeydink 👋 Thanks for taking the time to join us here on the Seller Community to ask your question! Welcome! We love to see new users, and we  hope that this space will prove to be a helpful resource for you as you grow your business with Square.

As of now, item settings during creation will allow for either a set monetary price or a variable price - which would mean that generating a pricing floor ("starting from X amount") would be considered a Feature Request for us. 

For in-person purchases, you can also choose to select a custom amount which will edit the final price to a specific value, but this option is not available through the Online Store.

We know this is not ideal, but the best workaround here would be to market specifically on your site that services start at a certain rate and can be altered according to additional circumstances.

I hope this information is helpful! Feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2