x

How to sell tickets to event

I usually use Eventbrite to sell tickets to my classes but I am interested in using Square instead. Has anybody made the switch & do you recommend this? I can’t find out how to set this up? I do use Square for my regular in store sales.

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

There are SO many ways to do this that it's insane. I do think that each way has certain pros and cons. So it's really all about what things you think are important - for example, sending an Email Confirmation with specific Event and/or Check-In info vs the way Customers can browse and buy tickets. 

We are an official Square Partner that helps businesses with unique situations. We have tons of technology like websites, mobile apps, kiosks, etc. - all powered by Square. So, this allows us to quickly spin up solutions, online systems and mobile apps that do exactly what businesses need. 

We actually have a lot of Event features because a very famous music person paid us to re-create Ticketmaster recently. We also have tons of Event features that have built-in unique QR Codes for admittance - and of course we have lots of ways to present the Events (and Tickets) using Square. We can even recommend some ways to do it just using your own Square Account with the free Square Website that they provide (powered by Weebly). 

DM us if you want to chat about it real quick. 

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Beta Member

Best Answer

There are SO many ways to do this that it's insane. I do think that each way has certain pros and cons. So it's really all about what things you think are important - for example, sending an Email Confirmation with specific Event and/or Check-In info vs the way Customers can browse and buy tickets. 

We are an official Square Partner that helps businesses with unique situations. We have tons of technology like websites, mobile apps, kiosks, etc. - all powered by Square. So, this allows us to quickly spin up solutions, online systems and mobile apps that do exactly what businesses need. 

We actually have a lot of Event features because a very famous music person paid us to re-create Ticketmaster recently. We also have tons of Event features that have built-in unique QR Codes for admittance - and of course we have lots of ways to present the Events (and Tickets) using Square. We can even recommend some ways to do it just using your own Square Account with the free Square Website that they provide (powered by Weebly). 

DM us if you want to chat about it real quick. 

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 20

We are very small and are planning a one time event for which I want to sell tickets on Square. The problem we ran into is that at checkout it asks for shipping address and tells people to put their address in and square tells them that address is not supported. I went to fulfillment and it's all or nothing so I selected no shipping and it still asks for a shipping address. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Message 3 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bnai_Israel - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

More than happy to work through this with you. 

Quick Question: Are you changing the item type to even from physical item? 

Example

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

Is there a way to add a TIP to this????

Message 5 of 20

Hello, 

I would like some assistance setting up my event tickets on Square as well. Can anyone provide more information? 

Message 6 of 20

Hi @ChefTonia and @MoodsBM - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community 👋

I recommend that you get in touch with our Support Team. The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you, discuss your setup needs, and help you make adjustments in real-time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 7 of 20

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have been unable to resolve this even after contacting Square support.

We asked a simple question, "How do we remove the required shipping address for an event in which nothing gets shipped out?"

They said, "We don’t have a feature like that for Square Online at this time." 

Followed by this long pitch about signing up for the subscription to Weebly:

I was reviewing your account, and I see that at this moment you are on a free plan. I would like to recommend some of our plans that we have available at this moment. Please keep in mind that if you purchase an annual plan as from the professional plan, it will already include a custom domain. Let me know if you have any questions.

So, to see Square Online service plans and pricing information, log in to your Square account and select the Upgrade link in your Square Online Overview page or Square Online site editor. On the next page, scroll down to see the feature list for each plan and find the best one for you. We offer a variety of services with flexible payment options.
Note: Our subscription services are available on a per-site basis. Purchasing an upgrade for one website does not provide those features to any of the other sites in your account.

Message 8 of 20

Hey there @Don_ 

Since our Support Team let you know that this wasn't currently possible, we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Message 9 of 20

Please help.  I also need assistance with selling event tickets using our Square account.  We are a non-profit organization supporting a high school band, and we want to allow kids to purchase their banquet tickets using Square.  We need to collect the student's name upon making the purchase, and get a report that tells us the names of the students who have made purchases, and how many tickets they purchased so that we don't have to deal with handing out paper tickets - we can just check their name off the list when they arrive.  I've googled this, watched videos, and I don't seem to have the same options the videos have on my screen, so not sure how to make this happen in Square.  I am hopeful that we don't have to purchase another app.  We have a Wix-based website, but we would need help with how to put this on our website.  All help appreciated.

Message 10 of 20

Hello @Lisa_Bryan, thanks for reaching out. I am happy to assist! Just so I have better understanding, are you wanting the tickets to be emailed after they are purchased through the website? And your website is through Wix, but you want Square to be the payment processor? 

Message 11 of 20

Hi there! 

I came to ask the exact question you asked in January 21.  I'm curious what you guys ended up doing?  Our event is in October and we've used Eventbrite in the past.  Would love the ability to do everything through Square.

Message 12 of 20

Hi @acadiamusicfest,

Welcome to The Seller Community. Happy to see a new face. 

Do you mind giving some more information as to key features Eventbrite has that would be needed from Square.

If you feel comfortable, providing more insight into why you are looking to switch.

Once I have more insight, I can certainly chime in and provide better information. 

Message 13 of 20

Hello there! 

We already use Square for everything BUT online ticket sales.  If a customer wants to purchase a ticket online, they would go to EventBrite, purchase the ticket then either print or save to their smartphone.  The problem we had was no way to validate these online purchased tickets at the gate on the date of the event.   We had a report printed from Eventbrite with names and number of tickets purchased, but that was just too difficult day of to validate.  

Message 14 of 20
Beta Member

Oh this is too easy. We pretty much re-created Ticketmaster awhile back for a famous recording artist who wanted to use it for their shows... and after that we did some other digital ticket related projects with QR Codes, E-Passes, Tracking, Staff QR Scanners, you name it. 

We can give you this in your own Mobile App - or even a website (believe it or not). We did Vaccine Passes for a famous company a little while ago that were all web-based.

Private Message me and I can show you some live demos. Plus, we can make all this go through Square, which I'm sure would be a lot cheaper than Eventbrite.

- Ken

Message 15 of 20

Hi Ken, 

Can you send more details about your tool? 

Message 16 of 20
Beta Member

Hi. I just DMed you. Let me know if you see it. 

Thanks!

Message 17 of 20

Hi Ken!  If the offer still stands, I would love to take a look at your setup.  We host workshop events at local breweries and it sounds like your tool could be really helpful.

Message 18 of 20

I have a question. I created my event and made it hidden. I don't want it on my website. But how do I find the link for the item that is hidden to give to certain people.

Thank you so much. Tonia

Message 19 of 20

Go into your site items, choose the edit button for the event, and click on the three dots after it loads. Click the "copy item link".

Message 20 of 20