x

How to temporarily take down your Online Store with a Closed message?

Hi! When closing your website is there a way to put a message why it’s closing the site? I’m reopening it later I just think it would be easier to leave a message 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@MichiganFarmsta @radiantbeauty @ashc 

So we're a seasonal shop, and we just turn off Pickup Orders, remove our hours, and we add a text box to the top of our page explaining that we're temporarily closed because we're seasonal. Super easy!

Here's what it looks like:

pessosices.square.site

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @radiantbeauty,

We don't necessarily offer something like this aside from just un-publishing the store at this time. 

I can see how that would be useful and it's a request Weebly has seen before so I will let them know you're another seller asking about it. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

That is a very good question.  We close Jan-April. It would be nice to shut down the store with a "Closed for Season" message!

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@MichiganFarmsta @radiantbeauty @ashc 

So we're a seasonal shop, and we just turn off Pickup Orders, remove our hours, and we add a text box to the top of our page explaining that we're temporarily closed because we're seasonal. Super easy!

Here's what it looks like:

pessosices.square.site

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 6

We took our page down and now I can't figure out how to open it back up.    HELP!

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Your website doesn't seem to be down, @LaCocinita!

If you're referring to the pop-up you added that states Temporarily Closed, you can remove this by heading to your Square Online overview page > Website > Pop-ups > scroll down to CREATED POP-UPS. I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6