x

I need to be able to process ACH payments

I would like to be able to accept ACH payments

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @Rokitqueen8

Welcome to the Community! 

Unfortunately, ACH payments aren't an option for payments with Square. You would only be able to accept credit/debit cards, checks, cash, or gift cards.

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 2 of 20

Kassi, is there any update on being able to accept ACH payments?  All of my customers pay with ACH and not with credit, debit, checks or cash.  I need to fit into my customers processes, not try to have them confirm to my (Square's) system.  Help, Dave

Message 3 of 20
Admin

@Rokitqueen8 

We're looking for testers to accept ACH transfers on Square Invoices. If you'd like to be involved, please join our Beta Community to sign the NDA and get started. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 20

Can I send an invoice to a foreign country, and accept an ACH payment from a foreign bank?

Message 5 of 20

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4956-international-availability

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 20

Best Answer

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

Ashley C
Message 7 of 20

Thank You! Is this payment option available for those of us that use Tave for invoicing but rely on square for accepting payments as a gateway?

Message 8 of 20

No this would be for Square Invoices only @RFilms sorry!

We don't control their integration since Tave is a third party. 

Ashley C
Message 9 of 20

I see that this is now available but the option is still grayed out.  How do I resolve this?  

Message 10 of 20
Alumni

Are you saying that the option is greyed out when a customer is attempting to pay an invoice, @MRPH0T0?

We'll look out for your response here 👀

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Valentina
Message 11 of 20

Hola Valentina. I believe I figured it out.  When I generate a new invoice, the option to use a credit card or gift card is "checkable".  The ACH option is in a grayed-out state and I am unable to check it.  Now, after some digging, I went into my settings and see the "template" option.  I did checkmark it here and was able to generate an invoice that allowed me to now check this option.  It is a little frustrating that I had to go into the settings and "activate" this option rather than it just be already activated with the option to choose it in my newly generated invoice.  

Message 12 of 20

I used ach payment. It says it won't go through for several days and is pending. Is the invoice paid?

Message 13 of 20

Hi @floridavwrental and welcome to the Seller Community! It takes somewhere between 3-5 business days for Square to know if the ACH transaction is successful or not. We typically see them coming in on the 4th business day after the buyer initiates the payment. You will receive an email informing you of this timeline. 

During this period, the Invoice will show as pending. if the payment completes and we receive the money from the buyer’s bank account, the invoice status will turn to paid. If the transaction is not successful, then the invoice will go back to “outstanding” or “overdue” status.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 14 of 20

Is there anyway as a business we put in this information?  We run a dance studio and parents would rather us just set it up because they are so busy.  Is there away we can do it but they get an email when its paid?

Message 15 of 20

I am trying to activate the ach option in my setting but a dropdown does not dropdown for me to go to invoices??  

Message 16 of 20

I noticed that this option is not available if I select split payment using the deposit or Split balance into milestones.  Is this something that you are working on and will be available soon?

Message 17 of 20

@MRP0T0 we don't have a timeline for that, unfortunately. Because this is a new product, it's possible they will be releasing more updates for it soon, but that can still take a few months, depending on the workload involved for engineering. I will share your thoughts with them for sure, though!!

AshleyK
Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

I am considering signing up with the Square checking account. Before I do, does anyone know if I am able to pay people directly through either ACH or direct deposit to other people's accounts without using the debit card? I will need to make multiple and frequent payouts to other people. Does Square checking have a bill pay option for sending checks to others too? 

Message 19 of 20

Hello @NeoshoFM 👋

On Square Banking can use your account and routing numbers to pay bills and add funds. However, this is mostly intended to pay bills and not to pay individuals at this time. You can learn more about Square Banking and its offerings here. I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community  

JJ
Message 20 of 20