x

INVENTORY... basic start

Hello!

We are opening this opening this month and I am unsure which route to go for tracking inventory. I am looking into paying the monthly fee in order to get the inventory management system with Square or else I have come across and read something about an inventory management app that works with square. But now I can't find that . Could someone please give me some advice? What should I do for inventory management? What are my options? It is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Wssp @The_Beehive!!

Moved you to a more relevant board with like minded Sellers. Hopefully some folx chime in. 

Additionally, here are some  Super Sellers that use Square for Retail's inventory mgt tool. Hopefully they can share some helpful tips/advice on how to tackle your inventory.

@@HC_Charlie @dasap1234 @homeprogreen @jjgard @JupiterGames @shopfybr @londontea @page158 @Twiggy

Welcome to the Square fam! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

I believe Shopventory is the app that you mean. It does work with square and is available in the AppStore. I used to use it before the Square for Retail app was available. The trick to making sure it keeps inventory correct is to always receive inventory into shopventory then let it push out to Square. That being said I have been using the Square for Retail app since it’s been available. It’s a much more accurate method since it’s integrated into the POS app itself. You can issue PO’s to vendors and once you receive the items just enter any shipping fees and taxes then receive the items with 1 click to add them to the inventory. A new feature I haven’t played with yet is that once you start to create a PO and add a vendor it will offer to add to automatically create or add those items with low stock that you normally get from that vendor. Not only is the Square for Retail less expensive then shopventory but it creates a more accurate cost of goods

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

I second this. Square for Retail has everything that I need for in-depth inventory management, purchase orders, and cost of goods sold. If you're just selling in-person and/or through Square Online then use Square for Retail. It's simple to start and can grow with your business, plus it's very affordable. The Square for Retail app is much better than the standard Square app (for retail sales, of course). 

However, if you're going to be selling online using another service such as Shopify or WooCommerce, then I recommend Shopventory. It's much better suited to managing inventory across different services. 

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

I'm very happy I held out for Square's in-app inventory management features rather than adding third-party software.

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 5 of 5