x

Does Square offer recurring payments (subscriptions)?

I want to know when will you start automatic reacquiring debit system in place?

Message 1 of 115
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Everyone 👋

Good news! We recently launched a feature that will allow sellers to offer subscriptions using Square Online Checkout

Take a look at this product update for more information. Alternatively, you can also use recurring invoices with Square. 

Please note that the membership functionality through Square Online Store still does not have a recurring payment option. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 105 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

Is there no way to do this when your actual site is with square? I can’t find these options.

Message 106 of 115
Beta Member

So I want my shoppers to subscribe to my monthly gift box via my weebly online store but I don’t see that option available. Does it exist or is square and weebly working to create this feature? 

Message 107 of 115
Alumni

There isn't a subscription feature applicable for the Online Store, but a Checkout Link might work. It can the be used to accept weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual payments from multiple customers with a single link. 

Simply copy the link from Dashboard and post it to a section on your site from the Editor. @Lhhcigars

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 108 of 115

You said “might” work. Does this work? Also I can’t find the “create online checkout link” anywhere on my dashboard-is that because I have the square store?

Message 109 of 115
Admin

Are you looking within your Square Dashboard or within your Square Online overview page? You'll want to make your checkout link from within the item library in your Square Dashboard.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 110 of 115

We're integrating Square Subscription API into our website. I've read the API Document. I've only find Monthly & weekly subscription. We want every 2 months, 3 months, 6 months & 12-month subscription also. Is there any provision in Square Payment gateway for this

Message 111 of 115
Alumni

The currently available cadences are available here on this page 👀 

These are all of the options at this time:

DAILY - Once per day

WEEKLY -Once per week

EVERY_TWO_WEEKS - Every two weeks

THIRTY_DAYS - Once every 30 days

SIXTY_DAYS - Once every 60 days

NINETY_DAYS - Once every 90 days

MONTHLY - Once per month

EVERY_TWO_MONTHS - Once every two months

QUARTERLY - Once every three months

EVERY_FOUR_MONTHS - Once every four months

EVERY_SIX_MONTHS - Once every six months

ANNUAL - Once per year

EVERY_TWO_YEARS - Once every two years

It looks like our API does currently support what you're looking to accomplish here, @prahlad!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 112 of 115

Has anyone run into the issue where you add a new subscription plan and then when you reload the page it disappears?  This has been happening repeatedly for the past day.

Message 113 of 115
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MarketingPros,

I'm sorry to hear that trouble has brought you to our Seller Community. 

Can you share some details about the environment you're creating your subscription plans in, e.g on your phone or via a browser on a computer? I'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Ps. I noticed it's your first post, welcome! 

Message 114 of 115

Thanks! I actually reached out to support and they fixed the bug. 

Message 115 of 115