x

POSX Hardware Compatibility

We have an existing POS terminal and hardware that is installed on a desktop. We are a non-profit and would prefer not to have the extra expense of having to purchase all new hardware at this time.  I can find the Bar Code printer in the list of compatible hardware but that's it.  Can anyone confirm that the other hardware items will or won't work?  

Cash Register Receipt Printer: POSX model: ION PT2

Bar Code Scanner:  POSX model: EVO Laser

Bar Code Printer: Zebra model: ZD410

Screen: POSX model: ION-TM3A

Cash Register: POSX model: ION-C16A-1B

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi and welcome @jlvance456 👋

It sounds like you've already run across our full list of tested and confirmed for compatibility third-party hardware, but I wanted to link it here to make sure we're on the same page. I'm not seeing the model names you've included in your post within our list of compatible third-party hardware.

I hope this helps clarify which pieces of hardware will be compatible with the Square Point of Sale software, but let me know if you have questions!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Would it be that hard to add POSx to your supported USB printers?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @SeasideProvisio and welcome to the Seller Community. 

Thanks so much for this Request. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Hardware Accessories. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@SeasideProvisio ;

I thought of something you could do to see if Squares Hardware works with POSX hardware.  Contact POS GUYS...

https://posguys.com/ 

They sell Square hardware and POS-X hardware and may test to see if it is compatible with Square.  They also do videos on how to set up hardware with different systems in YouTube videos.  I just suggest this since they actually have both systems and most Businesses on here would only have Square hardware, and Square would not help with Other POS hardware compatibility with Square.  Would be like what Audi Quattro System is Compatible with a Chevy Car?   

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5