x
Beta Member

Square Register Point of Sale Update/New UI

I just tried the new point of sale experience for square register and it is terrible. I am really hoping that it will not be the end product for this. it is EXTREMELY slow and buggy. very choppy. This would honestly push me towards a different POS system.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Us too, turned on the Square for Retail and holy, its slow! The search is horrible UI and there are 2-3 seconds delays. We are having so much trouble checking customers out without the scanner when searching products. For 1g system, this is not acceptable at all. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Not sure this is the best thread for this, but one thing I'm having an issue with is the Invoice option isn't on the payment methods screen on the new UI Layout. This is very frustrating, as we often have customers who don't have a wallet with them as we operate at a resort and they don't carry it with them. We ring up the sale to find this out. It's much easier for us to just send an invoice from the order we already wrote up. I checked the payment method options under settings and invoices is turned on. I even removed several options to make sure invoices was at the top of the list and it doesn't show up. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Oof, thanks for surfacing. Sounds like a potential issue that needs the attention of our CS Team. They'll loop in Engineering to dive deeper and fix for you. 

@crystalimages

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4