x
Beta Member

Square Retail Stress

I'm seriously struggling with Square for Retail. I started off with regular square POS. I was ignorant to actual inventory reports until recently as I finally have more items in my brick & mortar store. 

I purchased Square for Retail for better inventory tracking and reports. Right now it's a total bust. I feel I'll never be able to use it efficiently: 1. too confusing to me for starters (and I'm not computer illiterate) 2. I don't think I'll ever be able to accurately use the reports section -- many items that have sold in the past are not in my system anymore. If I would decide not to restock the item, if it was discontinued, etc. I deleted it from my inventory.

There are SO many items that are showing "some stock adjustments in your inventory history are missing unit costs." It would take me weeks if not months to fix these... I don't even know what half the costs were as I was winging it to begin with. 

Would it make sense for me to switch back to regular square point of sale AND does it include cost of goods/unit price? This is really the only feature I need.

I would love to have reporting but right now it's completely inaccurate and stressing me out.

I'm at a loss for what to do. If anyone has any ideas or help please chime in. Thanks! 😓

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

You may want to start from today and receive stock in with vendor cost rather than going back and adding cost to every item that you stocked in the past.   As you go forward, and sell items that have a vendor cost associated with them, the reports will provide the info regarding COGS and profits.  

With the standard Square POS, you do not have the ability to put in vendor cost.  

We recently upgraded to Square Retail and had the same dilemma and we decided to not spend the time going into every single item to add cost, but rather just add cost going forward as we receive new stock. 

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 2 of 2