x
Beta Member

Square Shopping Cart Checkout Option to Add a Coupon Code

The Square Shopping Cart Checkout page displays an option to "Add a Coupon Code".   Is there a setting to turn this option off so it is "not" displayed on the Cart Checkout page ?

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. Right now, there is not a way to remove that option from the checkout screen. But, if you don't create any coupons, then customers will not really be able to use that field. 

I do see how it would be useful to remove this from the beginning so that customers don't try to use that field and/or reach out to you for coupons that don't exist. I will share this feedback with our development team!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. Right now, there is not a way to remove that option from the checkout screen. But, if you don't create any coupons, then customers will not really be able to use that field. 

I do see how it would be useful to remove this from the beginning so that customers don't try to use that field and/or reach out to you for coupons that don't exist. I will share this feedback with our development team!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 20

I agree.  That coupon needs to be removed!

Message 3 of 20

I agree, I really want to remove the coupon field because it makes my consultation booking link look illegitimate.

Message 4 of 20

I need to be able to eliminate this option too. We are getting emails asking what it is, telling us they couldn't find a coupon anywhere on our site. We're a nonprofit and we don't do coupons at all. Thanks.

Message 5 of 20

Hello, @bnc- Welcome to our Seller Community! We are not able to remove the option to "Add a Gift Card" or "Add a Coupon Code" from the checkout page. This is default information that can't be edited at this time as it's a feature request. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 20

Hello,

I was wondering if there has been any new developments on the option to turn off the "Add a Coupon Code". We continue to get emails from customers asking how they can get coupons. We are a small bakery and do not offer coupons. 

Thank you for letting us know if it looks like this feature will be implemented.

Message 7 of 20
Alumni

No good news to share yet but we'll keep this thread looped in on future availability. 

@French-Baker

Justin
Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

Thanks for the update - hopefully, your programmers can see that this feature can be an option - it's a great idea but, would be better as an option - just my thoughts.

Message 9 of 20

Hello, just another vote for the option to remove "add coupon button" please!

We offer the coupons for our retail but have workshops/classes and because of how everything is paid, it is detrimental for us to have that option. When the coupon is redeemed for an event when meant for retail, it ends up being a complete and total loss. It is truly a problem moving forward. 

Feature request please, it is necessity for us. Thank you very much! 

Message 10 of 20

Me too!

Message 11 of 20

Adding my vote to everyone else on this thread that the coupon/discount field in the shopping cart be made optional. 

Message 12 of 20

I would love for the coupon code field to be optional.  We do not offer discounts yet we have customers calling to ask for the code since it's an option at check out.  Is there any possibility that this field will be able to be removed at some point?

Message 13 of 20

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @karbonbranding  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it). You will also want to make sure to follow these criteria: 

• The submission can only contain 1 request for 1 product.
  • A submission that describes multiple requests will not be accepted and will need to be split into multiple submissions.
JJ
Message 14 of 20

Add me to this list. It confuses customers and not something we would ever offer in the medical field. How hard is this to make a toggle in settings?

Message 15 of 20

Add me to the Remove Coupon code list. Listen to your customers Square. It's costing us time, for both customers and our productivity.

Message 16 of 20

Nearly 3 years on... how are you progressing this? There's a bunch of use cases above where it's irrelevant to lots of users - by default I would expect the field to not be displayed if no coupons had been set up, as IMHO it's not a great user experience (or design) to display a field that it is not physically possible to use, and at the very least it should be possible to suppress it. Please confirm an ETA for when you expect to implement a better solution here.

Message 17 of 20

Hello @pattmania and welcome to the Seller Community.

First of all thank you for sharing your interest in this feature request. At this time there are no plans to hide the Coupon Field from the Square Online checkout page. However, in order to appropriately send this to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Message 18 of 20

Hey JJ_,

Thank you for the response.

It's disappointing that despite square moderators committing to raise this very issue with developers as long ago as 08-14-2020, that no progress has been made on it, even though there are a number of requests in this thread alone, as well as obvious use cases for it. 

I'll submit via the Ideate page as requested, however feel that this should have already have been progressed as it was raised nearly 3 years go. It also looks like a bug to me, as it is not appropriate to display this field if no values for it have been defined... I'll raise it via the requested page though. 

Thanks,

Nick

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

There is no best answer at this point - a feature request was submitted I believe 3 YEARS ago - there is a simple solution - it should be an option for site owners to select - a site owner can either turn on or off this option for the Customer Checkout experience.  Why is there such push back from Square ???   There are other features that can be controlled so why is this particular feature not an option ??  Seriously, some people desire this option while others don't - bottom line - it should be up to the site owner to have that option.  Are there any Square employees that actually sell online?  If so, what are their thoughts ??   There's no reason to ask another community member to resubmit this as a desired change - it's already been done.  Simply make this an option that can be enabled or not - how hard can that be - if you do - we all win !!!!

Just my thoughts of course but, it does make common sense.

jk

Message 20 of 20