x

Syncing with GoDaddy Multiple Locations

We recently opened a second retail location and in keeping with Square Inventory, we added a new location and revised our inventory for each location (we did not open a new Square account for the new location.)

We have previously synced with our GoDaddy website online store. Now the inventory we moved to the new location is not showing on the website and in some instances, the item is not even visible on the store anymore (it is automatically "hiding" the item.)

At the moment, on our items, we have the location set to "ALL" but inventory set to (for example) 1 in the new location and 0 in the old location. The website is showing "Out of Stock" on this item.

GoDaddy is telling me they do not have the option to add multiple locations to online stores yet. Does anyone know if there is a workaround setting in Square or perhaps I should just forget about inventory locations. 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your question and welcome to Seller Community, @Jess10.

I couldn't really find any work arounds here or on GoDaddy's Community. It might simplest right now to choose one location as the source of items for online orders. If the item sells out from sales in that location and online, you can move some items from the other location to that one (in both the physical sense and within your Square Dashboard). A second option would be to set aside some stock of each item for online sales and assign that to a new "online location".

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your question and welcome to Seller Community, @Jess10.

I couldn't really find any work arounds here or on GoDaddy's Community. It might simplest right now to choose one location as the source of items for online orders. If the item sells out from sales in that location and online, you can move some items from the other location to that one (in both the physical sense and within your Square Dashboard). A second option would be to set aside some stock of each item for online sales and assign that to a new "online location".

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 3

I have a similar issue, except in my case, I have moved my business location and since Square wouldn't allow me to change the address for the original location, needed to create a second location. When I deactivated the original location, Godaddy still only syncs the inventory with the original location.

I've contacted Godaddy and they are not able to correct the issue. Since I cannot delete my original location location in square, now I am at a loss to be able to sell my inventory on our website.  

Message 3 of 3