x
Beta Member

Weebly blocked

I can not function with Weebly. I often work on my website for my farm store during my lunch break at my day job.  We work through a firewall, as we are a large corporation. Weebly doesn't work through this. I can't log in, I can't view my store, I can't do anything.  I can't even go to weebly.com without getting this error.

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

What that tells me is that any of my customers who may also be at work, on a network computer through a firewall.... also can't see my store. How do I get rid of Weebly and go back to the old Square store?  I may have to leave square and go directly through paypal from now on, as I can build my own store through my website. I use WIX, and have no issues working with that website at home, at work, on any PC, any internet browser. So why is Weebly so finicky? And don't ask me to take down my firewall. It's a large multinational corporation, I am unable to change these settings. How many of my customers also use their work computers for personal use? This has been the case since square rolled out weebly, and I wonder how many sales I have lost because of this.  It's honestly, pretty **bleep** ridiculous.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

I know this is an old thread but today my McAfee firewall started blocking my square store subdomain.  It connects to Weebly just fine.  I thought it was just my store but I checked my friends Square store and it is blocked too.  Any insights.  Does that mean anyone with McAfee anitvirus on their computer cannot shop our stores?

Message 2 of 12
Alumni

Our Support team may be able to be able to look into this with you, @j-vacanti.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 12

I am having the same problem. My customers are reporting they can't get to my site. I also had the same problem and had to uninstall McAfee. I can't tell all of my customers to uninstall their antivirus software. CAN WEEBLY PLEASE ESCALATE THE PROBLEM AND RESOLVE IT WITH MCAFEE? Thank you. 

Message 4 of 12

And by the way, your Weebly team isn't particularly helpful with this issue (I followed your link)

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hello @mysticcoffee 

You should be able to whitelist the site with your antivirus provider. 

I found some instructions on how to do so here.

Thank you!

Frances
Message 6 of 12

My customers are having this issue with McAfee as well.

Message 7 of 12

Hey @afgconvention22

As mentioned by @frances_a you can whitelist the site with your antivirus provider. Here are some details on how you can get that done. 

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

So, we have to tell all our customers to whitelist our store? How many sales will I miss because customers cannot open my store. This is ridiculous!

Message 9 of 12

Thank you!

Message 10 of 12

@sayra , @frances_a 

No this is not very helpful since only a small percentage of customers will bother to contact me if they are having trouble using my site. Most customers will simply give up or go somewhere else if they can't get to my site, and I lose sales. Something is obviously different in the last week or two since this is a recent issue and was not happening before. Please escalate the problem so the developer team can do some research to figure out what that is and fix it. Thank you. 

Message 11 of 12

Hello @mysticcoffee 

There's unfortunately nothing we can do here, there's a variety of reasons why an anti-virus software would block a site and those are out of our control. 

I would recommend talking to McAfee's Support team directly if you're having issues loading your site. It's possible that the site is being blocked because of your personal settings and your customers can see it just fine, but we're unable to determine that. 

Let us know if you have any questions, thank you!

Frances
Message 12 of 12