x

Why aren't my customers receiving their tracking numbers?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Tracking number]

My customers haven’t been getting their tracking numbers...it just says the package got shipped, is this happening to anyone else or can someone help me?

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Did you purchase the label from a 3rd source and marked it as shipped in Weebly? In that case,  the tracking number won't be auto filled and sent to the buyer. 

If they purchase the shipping label through Weebly, the tracking number is filled in automatically.

@radiantbeauty

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Alumni

Hi @radiantbeauty,

Thanks for posting and happy to look into this for you.

In order to make sure i'm understanding, what website builder did you use to create your site (Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce etc.)? Also, can you provide the URL to your website/page? Thank you!

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 17

I used squareup.com / weebly and my website is www.radiantbeautyy.com

Message 3 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

Did you purchase the label from a 3rd source and marked it as shipped in Weebly? In that case,  the tracking number won't be auto filled and sent to the buyer. 

If they purchase the shipping label through Weebly, the tracking number is filled in automatically.

@radiantbeauty

Justin
Message 4 of 17

oh, yeah I use the third party, but the company emails the customer I was just wondering why Weebly wasn’t 

Message 5 of 17
Alumni

Ahh, gotcha. You'll need to add the tracking number and send it to the customer. 

@radiantbeauty

Justin
Message 6 of 17

Thanks for your answer,  how many people meant to know about this. In invoice seem to look simply easy. Where can we find those info direct us to the right department to seek for help. I call the delivery company, he had no clue what I talking about too.  Which reference I can use? Sadly  they not recognise the order number too. 

Screenshot_20221024-123923_Chrome.jpg

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Heya @Auracha,

It looks like you're looking for tracking on an order you placed with us, while this thread is discussing tracking details you'd provide to customers who order items online via your Square Online site. 

Get in touch with our UK support team on 0800 - 098 8008, and they're available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm British time. 

Message 8 of 17

Is there a way to retrieve a tracking number I entered in square? My customer's package has not arrived,and she nor I have no way to track her package. I assumed all of my customers were getting their tracking number. Please help

Message 9 of 17

Heya @MochaM and welcome to the Community.

As @JustinC mentioned above, you'll need to add the tracking number in manually here.

This Support Center article goes over the steps here under > Shipment Orders.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 17

Me too, I can't  get the tracking number. It shows up but the number is not exist. In invoice  said  "Free delivery" I haven't heard nothing since the 10th October. What  should  I do ? The tracking link me to some delivery company but the reference number which was given  does not match my postcode or even my telephone number.  I spoke to the chatbot.  It not pick the right keywords so I really don't know where should I find my parcel. 

Message 11 of 17

I've had several customers come to me saying that they never received their tracking number.  

When I mark the order as shipped, I am prompted to enter the tracking number along with the carrier.  Why is this not being shown to the customer?  What is the point in entering the information during completion of the order if it doesn't include it in the email the customer gets?  

How do I resolve this?  I have been sending separate emails with tracking for now but I would rather have my Square shipping confirmation email do that automatically.  

Message 12 of 17
Alumni

@BerryPerfSales Check out the best answer above (moved your post). Hopefully it brings clarity. 

If not, reach out to our Ecom Team for further troubleshooting. 

Justin
Message 13 of 17

We’re wondering this same thing. Have you found a resolution?

Message 14 of 17
Beta Member

This has been happening for me for a year. I input the tracking information and it doesn't populate in the shipping email. When I set up my email templates, there isn't even an option to add it to your emails. It's super frustrating and the only response I've gotten from Square is that there is no fixing it and it's not a priority for them to do so. 

This is a super basic feature that is beyond disappointing not to have.

Message 15 of 17

We hear you, @YCT - there is definitely room for improvement for tracking contributions for customer emails. I can confirm that we've passed this thread along to our Engineers and Product Teams for visibility. 

We are constantly updating and editing our online service notifications for customers - and I would expect some helpful edits to this feature to come down the pipeline soon. We will let you know when we have more to share.

Joe
Message 16 of 17

I spent about 30 minutes+ with 2 separate service agents via live chat and neither one even knew how the system was prompting us to enter in this information. They were both nice and super helpful but clueless. It took the 2nd one saying she'd email the "advanced" team and what I found out is it has to be entered in on the dashboard online not the ipad. HOWEVER I was also told that you must have an upgraded plan to utilize this feature!? But was never told what plan. 

So my opinion to this is...while I have enjoyed using square for just about everything there are some basic features that should be available in all formats such as tracking and cost of goods that they seem to offer but only if youre willing to pay a monthly to get. That in itself is kinda bad business IMO bc they know we need them to function 😔

Message 17 of 17